shah269

N00B On a long spot! What to do what to do!

I'm sorry a few small minds are attacking you here, Shah. I'm sure you pay them no mind.

As for the guess (Pops), are you suggesting that the wind against my back will change my pitch? Im kinda stretching here..

Think! When going in the same direction as the wind. Will you feel the wind against your back or front?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I'm sorry a few small minds are attacking you here, Shah. I'm sure you pay them no mind.

As for the guess (Pops), are you suggesting that the wind against my back will change my pitch? Im kinda stretching here..

Think! When going in the same direction as the wind. Will you feel the wind against your back or front?

oooww.. I see, your saying that the relative wind is always a factor no mater the wind at your back...i think I got it now..

Read my posts... He's an IDIOT!!

I read your posts. They make me sad...for you.
How quickly we forget.

Forget what?? :S

I have NEVER said anything in this manner, with this vigor about ANY one else EVER!!!

I stand my ground.

You want to stick up for a moron ?

More power to ya.

How many people ask a question about a jump 2 years ago when they don't jump the gear anymore, then blame the gear? wtf? :S
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

How quickly we forget.

I have NEVER said anything in this manner, with this vigor about ANY one else EVER!!!

I stand my ground.

More power to ya.

How many people ask a question about a jump 2 years ago when they don't jump the gear anymore, then blame the gear? wtf? :S

Personal Attacks are personal Attacks. No excuse. Your posts should be deleted, & you should get some much-deserved time off. Pops, & several others here, are right. Too bad the mod following this thread forgot the rules...

How quickly we forget.

I stand my ground.

More power to ya.

Personal Attacks are personal Attacks. No excuse. Your posts should be deleted, & you should get some much-deserved time off. Pops, & several others here, are right. Too bad the mod following this thread forgot the rules...

Ever think about WHY they have not been deleted? ;)
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

Because i have a thick skin and can roll with the punches!

Which makes me.....fun?

Yes the jump was year before last and i've thought about it a few times since then. And I've asked a few people and it was just a freaky day. Every one on that load who wasn't a tandem ended up either off or at the very edge of the DZ. All except for those camera guys who jump 2:1 rocket ships!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I'm with Don on this one. Just another troll thread. He let y'all go on for a couple pages before throwing in that he was actually up wind and over flew the DZ and landed off. No need for personal attacks though. The smart people know what they are dealing with.

The posts weren't removed because my assumption is, and I hope - that they weren't seen by a moderator.

I have hidden some of the attacks, and I urge everyone to remember that just because you feel someone deserves to be attacked, doesn't make it any less against the forum rules.

In this case, action would probably be warranted, but I try not to step in these areas of the forum unless a user points out issues via PM to me that aren't being tackled.

Keep your personal issues with others off the forums.

This shows you still don't know much or understand canopy flight. .

You may want to re-think your post in light of the event in question happened on his jump 35...two years ago.

But he is saying this NOW, as in he thinks this presently.

3 years of hanging around the DZ and you still think that hanging on the fronts of ANY canopy won't change the way it flies? How do you say it, oh yeah, time for bowling.

I don't really enjoy typing this stuff out, it's easy to accidently mis-communicate, but I'll give it my best.

Both parties are partly, correct. It largely depends on the wind strength and technique.

Full flight will offer the best penetration, however at the price of altitude. In moderate to low head winds, if you need to preserve a little altitude AND maintain maximum forward drive in these conditions - a touch (and I mean a touch) of rears can help vs 1/4 or so toggles. Most people pull or overamp rears however, which gets them no where fast.

If preserving altitude is not an issue, I use full flight. If I need to preserve a little altitude, I'll relax my arms while holding rears.

The stronger the winds, the less effective this will be.

In tail winds, I always use braked flight.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

he was actually up wind and over flew the DZ and landed off..

Yes I'm very sorry about that!
We were at the right spot but the winds pushed me past over the DZ.

But guys thank you for the advice!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

Jeez, give Shah a little credit when it comes to the normal use of the English language. He wrote he used front risers and "never got much out of it". It wouldn't have mattered if he wrote "never got squat out of it" or "got nothing out of it". Yes, obviously aerodynamically something has changed, and Shah probably does need a lot more education on canopy flight. (But that's why he started the thread!)

In the context of the situation he was in, the small amount of extra forward speed and increased descent rate, for all the effort expended, was indeed pretty useless.

If Brian Germain jumped a big Navigator and then said that pulling fronts "really did shit", we'd all nod in agreement because we understood what he really meant in comparison to other canopies experienced jumpers are used to ... even if it wasn't a precise description of the aerodynamic and flight path changes that he might explain in a classroom, that could be useful and significant in some very specific situations, but of little use in many others.

Hey i'm still learning.
I did take Mr. Germains cannopy course. Sadly i was still in a cast so i could not do the actual flight part.
I have read his books.

All of which allowed me to land safely in a very small landing spot and not hit or damage anything or anywone.

I really think what you need the most is some jumps.

If canopy time is what is bothering you - then get some canopy time. Get an experienced jumper to give you some objectives/drills for a jump and go out and pull high.

According to your profile, you're averaging 20is jumps per year - you are never really current and you won't get to know your gear - go jump, dude!

Sadly yes, last two years i was working on my MBA.
This year...the freaking ran man the freaking rain!
I need to go on vacation to the south west to get some air time!

next time you notice you are moving backwards due to heavy winds, do not delay cut away your main as your reserve is likely smaller and ride that in.
your welcome
Skydiving without a parachute is easy, its skydiving twice without a parachute that is extremely difficult

Your post is irresponsible. It is likely to get someone killed.>:(

Even if it is dripping with sarcasm, which experienced jumpers can read, DON'T FORGET that there are a lot of newbs who read that as written. '

Please delete it before permanent harm is done.

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

generalizations on canopy flight are bad anyways. Not all canopies have the same flight characteristics, and not the same polar curve.
What is true for a canopy is not necessarily the same for another one.
This is what you get when you try and learn/teach via the interwebz

Someone understands!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.