jadaks

Dropzone Landing Area's

What sort of information?

Our primary landing area is a short 1 minute truck ride from the airport but we sometimes land our tandems down by the runway depending on wind direction.

If people are heads up there shouldn't be any issues, don't fly in front of the runway at the altitude that aircraft are coming in to land?

We land near the middle portion of the runway, by that point all plane traffic is only feet off of the runway or is already wheels down.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

One of the best exemple I know about landing on the airport site between runways and taxiways is Skydive DeLand Florida. However, at DeLand, there is a landing area for experienced people at about 3-5 minutes walking from the clubhouse. On the other hand students are required to land in a larger area located between runways and taxiway almost in the middle of the airport site. I used to jump at DeLand on big formations using several airplanes and it's not always possible to get everybody landing at the right place. But Skydive DeLand has solved the problem by having two recovery trucks which are ready to pick you up within a minute or two. At anytime, you are not allowed to cross the runways and you have to wait for the recovery truck. Very often, when using the truck I was back to the packing area before a lot of jumpers who have landed at the required landing area.
I suggest you to contact the owner of Skydive DeLand for more information.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.