Rstanley0312

CBS report states almost no regulation in skydiving

Has anyone else watched this.... holy crap. Horrible angle on our sport.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/widow-tragic-regret-talked-hubby-fatal-skydive-article-1.1097450
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

"Almost" the thread title "CBS report states no regulations in skydiving", then the story speaks of the FAA and USPA and even has Ed on. She tried to make it a dramatic story, but then the reporter was far more factual and fair. She tried with her "spot light" and "almost No regulations" comment, but the report did not say "No regulation in skydiving" it said "almost".

Since CBS is already getting complaints from "us" I hope they are being factual.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

True.. Sells better tho, dont it? [:/]

Yes, the OP sold us very well!

Matt

?? In my shock I typed "No" but she does say in the beginning "almost no regulation". Important to remember that people often remember what they hear first and what they hear last.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Other than the video's title, where did it say that in the story? I didn't hear it, did I miss it?
Matt

The intro the woman go though: "an industry that has almost no regulations"

Which is actually true.

Wanna have your 5-year-old make his first skydive solo at night over water? Perfectly legal.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

True.. Sells better tho, dont it? [:/]

Yes, the OP sold us very well!

Matt

?? In my shock I typed "No" but she does say in the beginning "almost no regulation". Important to remember that people often remember what they hear first and what they hear last.

Yes, You clearly demonstrated that.

Matt

Other than the video's title, where did it say that in the story? I didn't hear it, did I miss it?

Matt

The intro the woman go though: "an industry that has almost no regulations"

Now with the edited thread title the comments make no sense, time for the recycle bin with this thread.

Matt

Has anyone else watched this.... holy crap. Horrible angle on our sport.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/widow-tragic-regret-talked-hubby-fatal-skydive-article-1.1097450

There are some stupid MFers commenting on that story.

To summarize:
She was sleeping with the instructor to get him to commit suicide with her husband strapped to him by accidentally falling asleep from narcolepsy while skydiving. All this is for the insurance money that does not cover skydiving and she does not need.
On top of this: the Instructor, DZO, USPA, gear manufacturer, the dropzone dog and the mayor of Gardiner are all complicit/directly responsible for his death as well.
And as everyone knows: Skydivers normally have only one or two or three(?) parachutes. Instructors are not experienced skydivers (huh?) and the pilots decide when to deploy the parachute (?)

There are some stupid MFers commenting on that story.

-Indeed
There are no dangerous dives
Only dangerous divers