grimmie

Thank you Randy Ottinger and USPA!

I would like to give a very big, heartfelt thank you to Randy Ottinger at USPA.
Randy is our director of government relations. He has everyone at the FAA on speed dial.
I have just recently spent thousands of dollars on three different attorneys (aviation, land use, contract law) to access Oceanside Municipal Airport here in California.
I have probably e-mailed and spoken by phone with Randy hundreds of times over the past two years and four months. He answered his cell phone and e-mail after hours and on weekends during the difficult times.
This access battle has covered two giant issues. The city wanted me to obtain a Conditional Use Permit to use the obligated airport AND the airport manager wanted $5 per fun jump and $10 per tandem to use the LZ on airport leasehold property.
Randy and my team of attorneys squashed both of those requirements and we will begin jumping there on July 14th.
The side benefit of all of this was the education I have gotten from Randy regarding FAA, USPA and other issues. And above all, we have become pretty good friends.

The next time you renew your membership, put a few bucks in there for the Airport Access Defense Fund. We need it. (I have not used a dime of the fund money, nor will I, we need that for Part 16 battles)

Thank you Randy O', you da man!B|