Amyr

Have you ever been surprised a student returned?

Kind of a two part question.
Have you ever had a student that you shook your head in disbelief that they kept returning week after week to repeat jumps?.

Were you happy or scared as hell that they received their A license?

I've seen a few now.

So far I've never personally seen an AFF program graduate someone who was dangerous, though - for some people it's a mighty struggle but we're always happy when they get there!

Which isn't to say some people don't become dangerous after they get their licenses B|

--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Have you ever had a student that you shook your head in disbelief that they kept returning week after week to repeat jumps?.

Does being surprised at yourself count?:$
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

But, as long as they had the determination; I had the time.

Because instructors actually caring is how the bad news band of troubled students become Skydivers!!

Whereas, Mr. Newell modified my original "Foreward" on his Arvin Good Guys page to read as "unconventional," I welcome you to the "Band of Socially-Disconnected Misfits."

;)

Keith

EDIT: Love you, ya old cantankerous fuck!!!
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I got the bowling speech early on and I recall the phase, "....you have nothing that you have to prove...."

That came from a mouth from someone that jumps out of airplanes to a person that has jumped and wants to jump out of airplanes.

Over all we should not really be surprised by who someone is, in this sport. Odd balls are more likely the rule rather than the exception. Just my 2 cents.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”