Paperweight

Boyfriend's birthday present: did anyone NOT enjoy their first jump?

Please!
The only place better for a girl looking to get guys to do just about anything for her is engineering school!

And unlike engineering school, DZ's actually smell kind of good! You know the fresh cut grass and the Jet-A...while engineering schools smell of curry and ass!

No seriously, if you have any friends who are having a hard time finding Mr. Right or hell even Mr. Right NOW have them stop over at the local DZ and just smile and point at two guys who are buddies and tell them to fight to the death. The winner can maybe give her some coach jumps and a dinner or three?

Hell this is so funny and so bad that I've seen girls who were dating skydivers but broke up still show up to the DZ just to get their ego kick on!

That knee deep level of true BS aside...if you want to jump...hell jump. 1 in a million you may get hurt. Just visit your local DZ ask some questions see who works there....get a free lunch while you are there from one of the guys....and if it sound and looks like your thing make a jump or three and join the bandwagon of women who agree with me but hate me for speaking the truth.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

It's been my experience that a suggestion to go skydiving will often generate a psoitive response. Something like "That would be really cool" or "I've always wanted to try it."

Asking them to commit to it is an entirely different matter. Discussing it hypothetically is very different from discussing actually making the arrangements.

as experienced by anyone that has tried to organize a tandem outing for their friends or workplace. You start with 10 or 20 enthusiastic sounding folks but as soon as you ask for that $50 deposit for next Saturday, it's crickets.

It's been my experience that a suggestion to go skydiving will often generate a psoitive response. Something like "That would be really cool" or "I've always wanted to try it."

Asking them to commit to it is an entirely different matter. Discussing it hypothetically is very different from discussing actually making the arrangements.

as experienced by anyone that has tried to organize a tandem outing for their friends or workplace. You start with 10 or 20 enthusiastic sounding folks but as soon as you ask for that $50 deposit for next Saturday, it's crickets.

That's what after a few years in the sport, most of us don't try to organize any outing... If I hear someone say they'd love to try it, I tell them to check out skydiveaz.com and sign up for a tandem. It's that easy... Strangely enough, I don't meet them at the DZ ever! lol
Remster

LOL so true.

:)

Perris offers 10% off my AFF jumps per first timer I bring. Holy shit is it difficult. If I ever had someone invite me, as I am inviting people, I would have taking the opportunity instantly. What could be more worth your hard earner money than falling to earth?
I fly and stuff, its fun!

Please!The only place better for a girl looking to get guys to do just about anything for her is engineering school!

HAH, this had me rolling :D

Believe me it gets old very quickly. Somewhere around the 100th time it is posted it changes from funny to retarded. :S
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Please!The only place better for a girl looking to get guys to do just about anything for her is engineering school!

HAH, this had me rolling :D

Believe me it gets old very quickly. Somewhere around the 100th time it is posted it changes from funny to retarded. :S

Hi 99

When your stuck with a lemon it's time to make lemonade.:ph34r:

#2 aka the "shah" (King of Kings) has made 7k posts on DZ.com in 3 yr's:S

#2 is consistent and isn't going to change, So put a spin on the #2 situation,

#2 will continue to post on DZ,com, might make a jump once in a while and will continue to use a minimum opening altitude of 5k'.:S

I try very hard not to read #2 's post for the reason you expressed (SOS) so everytime you see his posts just think about #2 's Zooming around at 5k under his canopy.:S

Thats some :D:D shit.

R.

Dump your boyfriend.

1) You won't have to buy a present.
2) You are going to have to dump him anyway after you join us for a lifetime of "never thought of" happiness.
3) Remember who gave you this advice.:$

She's gonna fall in love with her TI anyway. ;)

What if the TI is a woman?

:P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Imagine how you would feel if he got hurt?

If he is not excited about it, don't push the issue at all.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

She's gonna fall in love with her TI anyway. ;)
Hell that's a losing bet!
Any new girl in the sport seems to just about fall for their TI, and then it's the AFF coach, and then it's the guy giving her free coaching lessons and then.....well eventually it's one of the packers.

But seriously I can't think of a better place for a heterosexual woman of any age, shape, size or handicap! Sure you and your BF will break up right after you make your third jump but hey look at it this way...

You may be losing a man but you are gaining a stable! And you will never have to shave your legs ever again!

OK that BS aside, skydiving is not for everyone. And it's expensive and not to mention dangerous. My first season was cut short due to an injury, and then I was going for my masters and now it's an issue of money.

Expect to drop $200 for your first jump. It will be safe it will be a hell of a good experience and make sure you get video. Land and spend a few minutes to think about it before you run like a wile flaming banana over to the manifest office with your credit card to buy all of your AFF jumps.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys but on average;
$2k for you’re a license (don't have to pay this all at one time. But it's about $180/ section.)
$3k for your own gear (Second hand + AAD)

But what you get out of this is a great group of guys and gals and who knows maybe something that will put a smile on your face every time you look up at the big blue sky on a dull Wednesday afternoon?

Either way good luck with your decision.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

Shah, you trying to be an ambassador for our sport is probably the second worst development for skydiving since Skyride. :S Why don't you stick to trashing female engineering students and your other various misogynistic bullshit on the non-skydiving parts of the forum!

This isn't speakers corner, or the bonfire, can you please keep your crap over there and stop trying to "inform" people when you still have so far to go yourself.

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Shah, you trying to be an ambassador for our sport is probably the second worst development for skydiving since Skyride. :S Why don't you stick to trashing female engineering students and your other various misogynistic bullshit on the non-skydiving parts of the forum!

This isn't speakers corner, or the bonfire, can you please keep your crap over there and stop trying to "inform" people when you still have so far to go yourself.

+1

:thumbs-up:

Agreed. Trolling in bonfire and SC isn't enough for you? Shut the fuck up, Shah.
Remster

Hey read the rest of what I put up.

And I didn't bring up the dating the TI thing.
Just ran with it for a giggle. Now don't get your panties in a twist.

Smile a little. Hell life is too short to be this serious.

Hey read the rest of what I put up.

And I didn't bring up the dating the TI thing.
Just ran with it for a giggle. Now don't get your panties in a twist.

Smile a little. Hell life is too short to be this serious.

You just dont get it do you.
People do not want your viral keyboard dribble on every forum.
This is a Topic specific forum not another place for you to stand on your soapbox and run your One Trick Pony Show.
Please keep the shit that you spew in the BF, at least i know your posts are there and can reasonably avoid them.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?