alexafox

What music do skydivers listen to?

I'm a skydiver and the music I like best is the singing of two turbines spooling up.

Or the primal rhythms of two radials belching to life and then humming along while the percussion section, led by the rod trying to escape, increasingly makes its way into our awareness.

And there's a difference between hip hop and rap?

yes there is, although they are closely related. And generally if you listen to one, you listen to the other. Though, to the OP I'm surprised you separated so many closely related genres and excluded classical & country...

I can’t be the only person over 25 who is thinking “what the f*** is ska?”

You actually have to come up with a new musical genre, not just new creative names. In the UK we have near 20 names for very similar electro music (ie “acid”, “house”, “garage”, “speed garage”).

The first time you heard something like punk, grunge etc you thought “there’s something new”.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

So classical music doesn't exist in your world.

It certainly does... I refer you to one of my previous posts in this thread naming a few of my favourites... I did however think it was fairly safe to assume that allthough there would be many people who enjoy classical music it would most likely not be the dominant genre in their daily listening.... If that's not you though and the most popular genre in your playlists is classical, i'll be sure to manually take down your vote and email you my final report and findings...

I did however fuck up on the electronic and country music haha... I'll take manual votes for those two! :P
I refuse to accept a mediocre life...

facebook.com/chutefirst
chutefirstapparel.com

You actually have to come up with a new musical genre, not just new creative names. In the UK we have near 20 names for very similar electro music (ie “acid”, “house”, “garage”, “speed garage”).

The first time you heard something like punk, grunge etc you thought “there’s something new”.

Ska is actually not very new... Massive in the 90's and late 80's... Sublime, early No Doubt... Kinda like reggae-ish
I refuse to accept a mediocre life...

facebook.com/chutefirst
chutefirstapparel.com

Ska is actually not very new... Massive in the 90's and late 80's... Sublime, early No Doubt... Kinda like reggae-ish

I want to know how a POM who is apprently over 25 yo does NOT KNOW what SKA is especially since it was popularised in the UK in the late 70's 80's. (Think "The Specials", "Maddness" etc...)

Check out this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AesId12OKsY
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I want to know how a POM who is apprently over 25 yo does NOT KNOW what SKA is especially since it was popularised in the UK in the late 70's 80's. (Think "The Specials", "Maddness" etc...)

Even I know what ska is. :$B|

But, that is because I have a couple of grown kids, and one of them told me what it is, when he was a teen. :)

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

that's because anything beyond The Beatles was pure heresy :D
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM