redshift

Ideal jump ship

A single engine turbine aircraft with a tail gate like this!

Ah yes!
The Fairchild (of Canada) Husky, a bushplane that was a long way ahead of its time. Sadly, its cabin was far more advanced than its engine. Like the radial-engined Otter, it was sadly under-powered. A turbine engine should solve that short-coming, however, Vazar will need to install a rudder twice as large (as the original) because the original Husky often ran out of rudder during cross-wind take-offs.

Sure would like to see Vazar put the Husky back into production.

AN72 a flight of of fancy for sure, but i did enjoy jumping that beast, air conditioned, super rate of climb and a 200knot run in speed which can leave you 8 kilometres+/- deep of the DZ.

Real world though, i love pilatus porters.
Quick enough and a great door design.
.CHOP WOOD COLLECT WATER.

You do realize that there is no door on the Super Guppy right?

The only way to access the cargo compartment is to remove the front of the fuselage.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6hmbqvbhz1qztuwyo1_1280.jpg&imgrefurl=http://blog.anthonychan.me/&h=598&w=900&sz=101&tbnid=KSVOlREL-TWOjM:&tbnh=84&tbnw=127&zoom=1&usg=__8bfq8auQ-xSYeV72-qgxdzYPJKQ=&docid=fsjTAG-KhOBHoM&sa=X&ei=-hb2T8ubA4iS9QTHxcnoBg&ved=0CGcQ9QEwBQ&dur=878
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

My ideal jump ship organizes loads for me long before I arrive at the dz so that when I get there, all I have to take my spot in the group. It's always available whenever I'm ready to go, and climbs as fast or as slow as I want. It records everything from boarding to exit, even the jump itself, and every angle it takes is so perfect, so awesome, that I can't come off looking less than God-like in all that I do. It even picks the perfect soundtrack for my youtube video and uploads it for me before I've hit the peas. Once I'm down, it packs my rig just how I like it, fills out my log book and gets it signed off.

Oh yeah, and it serves rootbeer floats with french vanilla and A&W.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

My ideal jump ship organizes loads for me long before I arrive at the dz so that when I get there, all I have to take my spot in the group. It's always available whenever I'm ready to go, and climbs as fast or as slow as I want. It records everything from boarding to exit, even the jump itself, and every angle it takes is so perfect, so awesome, that I can't come off looking less than God-like in all that I do. It even picks the perfect soundtrack for my youtube video and uploads it for me before I've hit the peas. Once I'm down, it packs my rig just how I like it, fills out my log book and gets it signed off.

I'll bet when you were a kid everyone got a trophy.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I'll bet when you were a kid everyone got a trophy.

Sparky

You'd bet wrong :)
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

that sounds incredibly BORING to me, but to each their own.

my ideal jump plane is simply something i can sit comfortably in and stand up in on jump run, then exit via a tail gate. e.g a Skyvan or similar (although i would like it to be a bit quieter)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Sounds like a CH-53! My favorite jumpship!

CH-54 with the people pod. Can beat an F-15 to 10,000 ft.
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.