LyraM45

The Latest Groupon From Sportations

http://parachutecenter.com/index.htm

Doesn't look like you missed anything. I'd be hard-pressed to buy anything from Groupon. It seems like every time you dig deeper than Groupon's site, there is something sketchy. [:/] I've heard stories from people who have bought other products or services that had a hard time redeeming the "coupons" they bought, the product was no longer available or had changed to a lesser quality, etc...
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I don't know if it was living social or groupon that let you have a discussion about deals, but I don't see anywhere on that groupon you can have a discussion and alert people of the outright dumbfekery going on within this deal. Sad.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

I don't know if it was living social or groupon that let you have a discussion about deals, but I don't see anywhere on that groupon you can have a discussion and alert people of the outright dumbfekery going on within this deal. Sad.

Groupon use to let you have discussions but there was so much negative they stopped doing it. Groupon is a cancer. Not use them.

Groupon lets you ask questions, but they are moderated by the company who is selling the product, in this case, it sLyride's cover name, Sportations.

About a year ago, we could post the info in the forums and it was unmoderated, I chased their asses all over the country and posted the info about who Sportations is and gave the proof of the connection to sLyride, then, after over 750 posts by me and others, and the sales were drying up, Groupon changed their system and made it so that the selling company would have the ability to moderate the forums. Now, if you post anything that's true about sLyride/sportations, it will not get shown, but if you post a positive feedback, it may get shown. Some of the posts that are in their forums, are consistent with the sLyride way, same post, different parts of the country.

This thread explains that in more detail.
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4158940;search_string=groupon%20endorses;#4158940
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Apparently, you're one of very few.

Groupon class action lawsuit

I say fuck them. They are NOT good for business.

Yea, after hearing all of this with groupon taking down the comment feature and everything-- essentially declaring that they know something is shady and monitor/restrict any comments that alert people to a shady deal, then I am pretty much done with them after this. Makes me pretty pissed. >:(
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

I say fuck them. They are NOT good for business.

Ah, but there are those who say that DZO's have the right to make whatever business decisions they want, and if we, the regular customers, don't like it, that's our tough luck - we can always drive 4 hours to jump someplace else. So if they want to make a Groupon deal, that's their free choice, and it's not our place to criticize them. Right?

Agreed.
It IS their business, however fucked up they want to run it, they certainly can. Until they break the law and get caught anyway.
Which is exactly why groupon doesn't get my money.

If a business has a groupon deal, call them and ask them to honor the price of the deal - they make more money that way anyway!

Groupon used to have a discussion area for each offering. Supposedly it was to allow people to ask questions and/or comment on the offer. However, Groupon monitored the discussions & would not approve any comment which it viewed to be "disparaging" of either Groupon or the partner business. I was even threatened with banishment for asking a question about prior allegations of fraud against the business offering the groupon. They may have completely shut down the discussions area at this point...I haven't been back to their site since then.