beth0b

Shortest time between reserve repack and cutaway?

My first cutaway was on the first jump on a fresh repack. I seem to recall a rigger friend mentioning back to back cutaways while jumping a single rig, so that would have also been jump one on a fresh repack. It happens.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Had a mal.
Packed reserve.
Jumped. Another mal.
Packed reserve.
Jumped, Another mal
US nationals in Tellequah, OK. 70 something. They threatened to throw me out of the nationals. I asked the pilot what speed they were going on jump run (accuracy). He told me around 70 Knots. I asked for more air speed and hummed it. The thing opened and then they bitched about my opening altitude. Ya just can't make the USPA happy.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

Had a mal.
Packed reserve.
Jumped. Another mal.
Packed reserve.
Jumped, Another mal
US nationals in Tellequah, OK. 70 something. They threatened to throw me out of the nationals. I asked the pilot what speed they were going on jump run (accuracy). He told me around 70 Knots. I asked for more air speed and hummed it. The thing opened and then they bitched about my opening altitude. Ya just can't make the USPA happy.

Nice.. what were the mals?

Yup, sure can! ...Had my rig re-packed, picked up in the (Saturday) morning to start my weekend on it, and VERY NEXT (yes - very 1st back on it) JUMP - CHOP!

Had 2 rigs (reserve) repacked that morning. $50 each, for a total of $100.00 - which I paid my rigger, cash. ...New bills from the ATM, and they were sticky/fresh. Turns out I had only given him 4 20's ($80) instead of 5. :o He met me in the loading area just before the jump and informed me of my shortage - which of course I said I would square up, the moment I got back down from the jump.

As I was walking back with all my "sh**" - having to have collected it all after the chop - - the very 1st person on the ground to greet me? - Yup, my rigger!

..."See....... THAT'S what happens when you short your rigger, deadbeat!!" ;)

coitus non circum - Moab Stone

A friend had 3 back to back, same day.

You must know Jack Wallace. B|

A friend of mine years ago, a rigger, had a very problematic main canopy with a 50% malfunction rate. I'm sure he had quite a few short lived reserve repacks. :)
As for me, I'm sure I've usually made it to 7or 8 months, at least. :)

Had a mal.
Packed reserve.
Jumped. Another mal.
Packed reserve.
Jumped, Another mal

Nice.. what were the mals?

This was a Para Plane. The first commercial square. Its opening system hurt you at terminal. I changed it, but never did a hop and pop on it until I got to the Nats. Found out it worked great at terminal, not so much otherwise. It wouldn't come out of the bag I had made.
And those jumps were in one day, as fast as I could collect my junk, pack and go. Conventional gear, Tricon Reserve. Crap was I tired at the end of the day.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

Or course how soon after I convinced a customer to update his 5 cell swift and REALLY wimpy original Vector small top PC this spring? Second jump.

He bitched about spending so much for a new reserve, free bag and PC that he would never see. Well he got to see it.B|

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

About 30 minutes. Had just bought a new (to me) rig, got it assembled and a reserve repack and got on the next load 10 minutes later. About 20 minutes after that had my first malfunction....

I may have beat that by a minute or so...;)

I had a streamer on a T-bow, chopped it and landed the tri-con, repacked both and went up on the next load for a H&P and ~ same thing. :|

Going through 2 grand with a whistling bag of thunder-bow shit over my head I was REALLY hoping I hadn't rushed the tri-con pack job TOO much! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

A friend had 3 back to back, same day.

You must know Jack Wallace. B|
No I actually don't...
He is a swiss jumper, back in the days when skysurfing was fashionable...
He was a beginner in the disciplin...
1st jump he goes, out of control, reserve...
2nd jump he opens the main, malfunction, ditches the surf which gets caught inside the main, cutaway.
3rd jump (after being warned not to surf again right now), opens main, main explodes due to damage because of the surf board...
That was in Vichy at the BIIIG boogie.

It was not very expensive for him as he repacked his own reserve
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

..."See....... THAT'S what happens when you short your rigger, deadbeat!!" ;)

LMFAO!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Picked up new rig in the morning (old main & reserve, just new container). Did one jump on it - all good. Was discussing with friends how hard it was to pop the reserve cover and one suggested I should try it next jump to see if it worked. Second jump, mal - chop. Was repacked the next day so 2 repacks in 3 days.

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

Brand new container brand new reserve, main had 300 or so on it. First repack on new rig went up and not only had a mal but I lost my main. First jump on new harness, first jump on new reserve, Beer, Beer, and More Beer for the rigger who laughed at me.