md202089

i Failed level one

In all seriousness. It sounds like you did pretty darn good, to me. Have you ever watched the first-jump vids on Youtube??? Many of them are absolute train wrecks. You were alt.aware, & pulled on time. Those are the two most important tasks you had. You also pulled off an off landing w/o injury. Many students wouldn't have been able to. You got the big stuff. You'll get the small stuff on the next one.

Celebrate. Go buy everyone some beer.

my back legs were flopping around

what were your front legs doing?

I can't really recall

Try not to wag your tail in freefall - it screws with your stability. :)
Seriously, though - you were terrified after doing two tandems, and you went ahead and did your Level One anyway? Respect due for pushing yourself, and it actually sounds like you did ok B| - but if you're going to remain feeling too scared to function properly then I'd say it's an issue. Did you feel any better on your AFF jump than on your tandems?

In all seriousness. It sounds like you did pretty darn good, to me. Have you ever watched the first-jump vids on Youtube??? Many of them are absolute train wrecks. You were alt.aware, & pulled on time. Those are the two most important tasks you had. You also pulled off an off landing w/o injury. Many students wouldn't have been able to. You got the big stuff. You'll get the small stuff on the next one.

Celebrate. Go buy everyone some beer.

Agreed. Adding to the positive reinforcement here... My first jump was not good either and I was totally unprepared for it being anything other than a pass. A good friend (and highly competent and experienced skydiver) told me to get used to it and that if skydiving were easy, everyone would do it. He also reminded me that many great skydivers start off as shitty students which I'm starting to hear from lots of other people. Def. do some tunnel time so that you can feel better about your ability to control your body in the air but definitely don't give up. Just listen to your gut about what you really want and you'll be fine. Good luck!