reidgc

Nipple rings and skydiving

I've had my nipples pierced for about a month now, but I am concerned about injuring the piercings during my tandem jump. I called the company that I booked with and they said just use bandaids to secure them.

Does anyone have any experience or advice with this issue?

Much appreciated.
Reid

Under clothing I can't see anything that would hurt them. I made a jump recently with a very fresh half sleeve tattoo. It was still bleeding, but the weather was to good to miss. Im sure you would be right with a couple of non fresh peircings... If you are female we would require pictures just to be sure tho

I've had my nipples pierced for about a month now, but I am concerned about injuring the piercings during my tandem jump. I called the company that I booked with and they said just use bandaids to secure them.

Much appreciated.
Reid

I have had one piercing for longer than i have been jumping. in 430ish jumps i have never even noticed it. This is the first time i've ever even thought about it. I cannot imagine, as long as i am wearing a sleeved shirt, that anything could happen other than it getting rubbed. I imagine if i was an attractive girl i might wear something sleeveless but I'm not, so i dont.

I'd like to hear how the women mentioned by another poster lost hers. I would very much like to avoid that.
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante

Never had problems with mine. I've had rings and barbells. I prefer barbells as they offer even less of a snag profile but with that being said I am currently jumping one barbell and one ring because I am too lazy to go buy more jewelry.

BASE jumping is a different story, for some reason climbing in my rig will loosen the end of the barbells and eventually they fall off. I've also had a hard opening pull at one before before but never rip it.
Fiend

I am about to take my last voyage, a great leap in the dark. - Thomas Hobbes.

Much appreciated.
Reid

If you are concerned can't you just take it out for the jump?

Much appreciated.
Reid

I wouldn't suggest it if they've only been done a month. Healing time is a few months for those IIRC (I don't have them done myself). They may not go back in well if you take them out yourself.

Most jumpers I know with them dont worry about them for normal jumps. But I know for naked jumps they'll use larger bandaids to prevent problems, so if you're concerned I'd take that route too.

Under clothing I can't see anything that would hurt them

Recently saw a newly qualified jumper take a bit of a rough landing, get dragged a little and have the harness MLW pull across his chest and rip his nipple bar right out. He was wearing a t-shirt and jumpsuit.

To the OP, I'd wear the plaster (uk speak for band aid) if you're worried.

Much appreciated.
Reid

I wouldn't suggest it if they've only been done a month. Healing time is a few months for those IIRC (I don't have them done myself). They may not go back in well if you take them out yourself.

Most jumpers I know with them dont worry about them for normal jumps. But I know for naked jumps they'll use larger bandaids to prevent problems, so if you're concerned I'd take that route too.

healing time for nipples is about six months, personally, for jumping i'd prefer a bit longer, say a year!? :)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Recently saw a newly qualified jumper take a bit of a rough landing, get dragged a little and have the harness MLW pull across his chest and rip his nipple bar right out. He was wearing a t-shirt and jumpsuit.

wow, you have totally scared me. It never occured to me that could happen. maybe i'll put a band aid on. i say maybe because, who am i kidding, i will never remember.
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante

wow, you have totally scared me. It never occured to me that could happen. maybe i'll put a band aid on. i say maybe because, who am i kidding, i will never remember.

i guess you WILL remember if it gets hung up on opening.. :P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda