tyro

Where to boogie?

Hey all,
I'm pretty out of the jumping loop so I thought I'd ask, which are the big boogies in the US worth hitting up?

Ideally, we'd hit them all up I'm sure but is there like a Burning Man of boogies? And if not what are some of the big ones that a guy wouldn't want to miss?

but is there like a Burning Man of boogies?

Let's see: Remote location (check). Epic amounts of dust (check). Great parties (check). Good jumping (check). Cool people (check). Lots of non-jumping fun to be had (check). Yep, you can't miss Lost Prairie.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

The big ones that come to my mind, in no particular order

Couch Freaks
Lost Prairie
Summerfest
Chicks Rocks
Nationals/Eloy halloween
Eloy xmas
Sebastian xmas (if that still the big one in FL?)

There used to be a very large boogie called the Freefall Convention, but, that's disappeared with the more common turbine planes everywhere.
Remster

The big ones that come to my mind, in no particular order

Couch Freaks
Lost Prairie
Summerfest
Chicks Rocks
Nationals/Eloy halloween
Eloy xmas
Sebastian xmas (if that still the big one in FL?)

There used to be a very large boogie called the Freefall Convention, but, that's disappeared with the more common turbine planes everywhere.

I wish Freefall Convention should make a comeback.

Hey all,
I'm pretty out of the jumping loop so I thought I'd ask, which are the big boogies in the US worth hitting up?

Ideally, we'd hit them all up I'm sure but is there like a Burning Man of boogies? And if not what are some of the big ones that a guy wouldn't want to miss?

for a "burning man" style boogie I would say Lost Prairie for the community in the middle of no where feel.

BUT for burning shit down aspect I would say the Tiki Bar boogie at Skydive New England. They build a two story bar for the boogie and on the last day when all the liquor is gone, they burn it down. It's awesome!

If you're just going for do not miss boogies. the ones mentioned above are pretty epic too.

If your looking for a burning boogie, We just finished the REDemption Boogie outside Omaha Nebraska. DAMN it was Hot but so damn much FUN!!! Skydivers on a 19ft tall waterside..... Too bad Trunk lost his GoPro
I'm a little teapot short and stout, here is my handle and here's a note from my shrink. He says I'm getting better. Last week I thought I was a toaster oven!
-Dot Warner

This is great! Thanks everybody!

I'll hit up Tiki Bar and Chicks Rock for sure :) And Burning Sky is sooo on the agenda for 2013 provided I'm in the continent.... And then the rest will depend on work etc.

Thanks again!!