5.samadhi

single harness/single parachute legality (international)?

The canopies they used appear to Eiff Classic’s. The original Strato Cloud, my first ram air also had the bottom skin vents.

I'm guessing Atair Troll's (EDIT: upon looking closer, probably not). It's weird though, I would've thought the queen would land a wing suit.

'

... As for the Fraser River, I don't know when Pitt Meadows opened, but it sounds like they did just fine through the whole round main and/or round reserve era -- and then banned round reserves once it didn't matter as much.

"

Back when round mains were fashionable, the Pitt Meadows DZ was several miles farther North - at what is now the Swaniset (sp?) golf course - a lot farther from the Fraser River.
The other reason for banning round reserves was to ban reserves more than 20 years old. Remember the whole acid mesh kafuffle (sp?) during the late 1980s?

The canopies they used appear to Eiff Classic’s. The original Strato Cloud, my first ram air also had the bottom skin vents.

I'm guessing Atair Troll's (EDIT: upon looking closer, probably not).

They look like OSP's.

It's weird though, I would've thought the queen would land a wing suit.

She probably didn't have time to set up the POB.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Canadian Air Regulations require that all skydives - in Canada - be done in accordance with guidelines written by CSPA, CAPS or a similar organization.
CSPA's Basic Safety Recommendations are almost a photo-copy of USPA BSR's, including requiring freshly-inspected reserves, etc..

There is nothing in the CSPA BSRs to mandate 2 canopies. The use of the word 'reserve' (note: not 'certificated reserve') could be construed to exclude the primary planned canopy from a base rig.

I cannot imagine a Canadian DZO allowing anyone to jump without a (certified, recently repacked, etc.) reserve).

You and I both know at least one DZO who makes it policy to not check the equipment of licensed jumpers.

Who jumped ino Baffin?

Lee

The Baffin jumps were not skydives, they were base jumps. Although base jumping in Canadian National parks is not allowed in Canada, permits have been issued for the park on Baffin island on at least two occasions.

I think he was saying somebody jumped into their campsite and then continued to base jump off the fjord. Thats how I read his comment at least.

Thats exactly what the best plan would be to me - reduce travel time to the cliffs.

"

.... You and I both know at least one DZO who makes it policy to not check the equipment of licensed jumpers.

"

He treats skydivers like adults and expects them to keep up to date on maintenance on their own equipment.
If a licensed jumper cannot be trusted to take their gear to a rigger on a regular basis??????????

out of simple curiosity what countries legally allow single parachute systems to be jumped from airplanes.

Pretty much all of them do.

The rub is if the jump is "intentional."

If, of course, you were to wear a single parachute because you are simply terrified of flying, that would be entirely acceptable.

If, in your highly agitated state you have a communications problem, where the pilot said "nice weather, eh?" but you thought he said "OH MY GOD, WE'RE GOING TO CRASH!," it would be perfectly understandable for you to jump immediately.

When the pilot lands and says "has anyone seen my passenger? He got upset and jumped," nobody could blame him.

"That parachute is for emergency use ONLY!"

"Well, it was an emergency to me..."

BSBD,

Winsor

Who jumped ino Baffin?

Lee

The Baffin jumps were not skydives, they were base jumps. Although base jumping in Canadian National parks is not allowed in Canada, permits have been issued for the park on Baffin island on at least two occasions.

It was first done in 1977 for a Bond movie.

Sparky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvv2lv2s_gM
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Who jumped ino Baffin?

Lee

It was first done in 1977 for a Bond movie.

Sparky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvv2lv2s_gM

well that was sick. You have redeemed yourself for your earlier poor performance in this thread.

:D

yeah, I wasn't talking about a pilot at a dz, rob, just in general, even if outside of controlled airspace.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone