roostnureye

Study Guide for Pro Rating?

hello, i was just wondering if there is a study guide for the pro rating? or if anyone could point me in the right direction on what to study. thanks jeremy

The Pro Card itself. It is a simple chore, get a good mentor, follow the Pro card and you will be good to go.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I would advise against cherry picking your knowledge. I'd suggest study and know everything even remotely related to what a Pro rating will buy you.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Spend a week with Twardo.
Don't screw up and hit him in the back of the head and destroy his ear; he's less tolerant than I am.>:(

Yeah I've heard he's an intolerant grumpy old bastage...at least that's what his wife tells me! ;)

But to answer the OP's question~
Read the book 'Demo Details' to get a good idea on what you 'really' need to know and how to work on the needed skills.

Find a mentor with actual professional demo experience, and ask to ground crew some performances. watch, listen & learn.

You may qualify for the PRO Rating and that's great...BUT you positively should have skills and abilities far and above what's 'required' to just get the rating in order to perform demonstrations.

That can't be book taught.

A good place to start working now, is sharpening your spotting and accuracy skills.

You'll need to know not only how to jump with various 'extras' but how to safely rig them...and what to do when things go south.

You need to foster the mindset that the number ONE rules is...DO NOT HURT ANYONE on the ground, YOUR safety takes a backseat if there is a toss-up between you & them. You choose to put yourself in peril not the spectator, they paid their nickel to be entertained not maimed, if ya can't 'live & die' with that, forget the rating.

It's not rocket surgery, but if you do certain things wrong you WILL get bitten...take your time and you will stay safe and have fun!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Read the book 'Demo Details' to get a good idea on what you 'really' need to know and how to work on the needed skills.

Toying with getting my PRO as well, THIS the one?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Toying with getting my PRO as well, THIS the one?

That's it!

Byron did a great job breaking it down, I did a talk with him a few years ago @ PIA on demo safety...the guy really knows his stuff.

That's it!

Thanks, it's on its way!

Ever get a chance to rig up those loop risers?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

That's it!

Thanks, it's on its way!

Ever get a chance to rig up those loop risers?

I did, thanks for the pics-info...made a couple of mods to what we talked about, works great. I'll take a pic 4ya next time I'm back in Texas...currently in the mid-west for the next couple weeks.