Ifearheights

somewhat nervous, but I did it

I opened a few threads half a year ago, figuring whether I should do a tandem or not. I fear heights (everyone does to some extent) and thought it would be nerve wrecking and simply not enjoyable.

I enjoyed every second of it. Here's a link to the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2QY6YJ3GR4&feature=plcp

It's like people said. Despite the fact that it's 14000 feet, there is no perspective and during the free fall I didn't feel overwhelmed by anxiety.

Doing a bungy jump, there is a perspective and my brain will tell me that I am about to hit the ground.

Is it wise to face this fear and try to jump after all? Or is it something I may regret?

Is it wise to face this fear and try to jump after all? Or is it something I may regret?

It seems like you answered your own question:

I enjoyed every second of it.

If freefall doesn't scare you, and canopy work doesn't scare you, then I think you covered your bases.

Welcome :)

Nice job.B|

Just remember, scared and excited mean the same thing on your first jump, so no worries. And lots of jumpers are afraid of heights. You're right, you're so high it doesn't really come into play.

Bungee jumping is fun but skydiving is better. You should learn to jump on your own. :)

Before the tandem I had no clue what the perspective was like at 14000 feet. I had to make an anchor sitting on the edge of the plane, and I could not even look downwards. I think I only started looking down after 20 seconds of falling.

When the canopy opened, we were still 6000 feet above the ground and I did not have this sensation of " we're about to crash " which made me feel comfortable.

Bungy is done at a height of 134m in NZ where I may make an effort. It seems way different.
I'm no more than 10 meters away from the ground when I bounce back up, and you have to jump with your head pointing to the ground. Not sure if I'm gonna like that

Sorry, didn't realize you were asking about bungee But in that case, screw bungee! You enjoyed skydiving so learn skydiving :P

There's only one first skydive buddy. I am traveling and I wanted to do a bunch of crazy things. Skydiving, cage diving with a white shark, swim with a whale, do a bungy jump, and start a relationship with an aussie girl :)
I liked skydiving but the costs are high, and I'd like to invest that money in other events first. I may jump again someday, to keep familiar with that feeling. But not at this point yet

Scene in a bar with an Aussie girl...

Ifearheights: Hi, I'm am traveling and I did a bunch of crazy things. Skydive, cage dive with a white shark, swim with a whale and do a bungee jump. Wanna go to my room?

Aussie Girl: I got 5,454 skydives, been diving with sharks since I was three without a cage, been swimming with the whales since I was 12 off my daddy's boat, who owns the largest bungee concession down under. Wanna clip my toenails?

:o

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Congratulations and good choice on York.

From the size of your smile, I say give AFF a chance. Jumping by yourself is amazing.

I wish I could. But I get kicked out of the country in february. Backpackers can't stay for eternity. After Australia it's New Zealand, and then Canada. Hard to get any consistency if you're constantly moving