iFlyFast

Is there a first cut-away info poll?

space/alpha @1.32 WL

canopy started what seemed to be a normal deployment, then the canopy yanked me and went into an aggressive spin. The line twists just started growing and growing.

I figured I'd never kick out of that, so I checked my altimeter and cut away, before I had my reserve handle out, I was sitting under my reserve; the RSL did it's job.

I didn't even hesitate, just knew it was time to chop and did it.
I do practice my EP's before every jump.
DS#727, DB Cooper #41, POPS #11065, SCR #13183, FA #2125, SCS #8306, HALO #309 SRA #5930

Jump #16. GlidePath Maverone. 1st Hop 'n' Pop. I passed the d-bag sideways through the risers before closing. Something didn't "look right" and instead of asking I thought I'd just fix it myself. When it opened I knew right away what I did wrong. Cut it away at 2500'. I probably wouldn't have chopped it now given experience and the same "mal". My only other two cutaways were lineovers.

Line-over, that's nasty. Did you pack yourself a malfunction? :)

No, it was packer at the DZ I visited for coach jump. At that particular DZ they will not let you pack rental gear. When I jumped another rig right after that I got a slammer again and noticed that metal pins on the toggles haven't been stowed in the pockets.[:/]

Snap. A staffer packed me a line-over that started spinning violently. On a 220 Navarone loaded at ~0.8, on jump number 30.

It all happened to quick for me to really be afraid, before I had time to think I had my reserve above me (such a pretty canopy). Now I feel much more confident, knowing I can deal with malfunctions.

http://unstable-exits.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/my-first-malfunction.html

Edited because I forgot to include any useful information.
My skydiving - http://unstable-exits.blogspot.com/