ChrisL

Any dropzones in the NorthEast have a tailgate?

We used to have a skyvan at Cross Keys but its been gone for a few years.

I loved that airplane!

Jumped a CASA a few times at the last WFFC. Loved that one too :)
Any other dropzones in the northeast have a Skyvan, a CASA, or any other tailgate aircraft?

If not, how far do I have to travel?
__

My mighty steed

Sky's the Limit in East Stroudsburg, PA has one, IIRC. Whether it is flying / how often it flies...dunno. Give 'em a ring. Google tells me it is 2.5hrs from X-Keys to StL.

We had all of their aircraft (SkyVan, 900hp G.Caravan, T.Otter with -34s...) over the winter. I miss them...they were very fast.

http://skydive.skysthelimit.net/

I have been jumping at Sky's the Limit for the whole summer and only had one day when they were flying the Sky Van. they do fly it when it is there but I think they rent it out a lot. I'd give them a call to see if it's around before heading up there.

There will be a skyvan visiting CPI in Ellington, CT for their "Second Annual 50th Anniversary Boogie" August 9-12. Check their website www.skydivect.com

There will also be a skyvan at Pepperell's boogie August 23-26 - www.skyjump.com

After that, the skyvan usually makes the trip up to SNE for Tiki Bar Weekend 8/31 - 9/3, but I do not see any info about boogie aircraft on their website yet: www.skydivenewengland.com

So you have to time it right, but yea, there are sometimes tailgate aircraft in the NorthEast... Jumping the Caribou last year at Jumptown was AWESOME!!!! Can't wait for that bird to surface nearby again!!!