jumpjunkie2004

Favorite Log Book Entry

Sept.4 2005 - I'd just hung up the phone with my sister, congradulating her on my first niece, and I got invited on a 6-way with the BIG BOYS, some of the best skydivers at Skydive Dallas. I still have no idea what I did to get in on that group! We turned 16 points (or they turned 16 points while simultainously flying my skinny ass).

Also, halloween later that year, a 3-point 28-way at Spaceland...FRICKIN AWESOME!!!

I miss Texas
I got nuthin

This is my very first skydive ever - AFF Jump No. 1, and here's what my instructor wrote:

Good door position, check & count. Stable launch & flyaway with jumpmaster assist. Prompted for altitude check for signals. Mild response to "legs Out." Think of pointed toes then leg extension. Rip cord checks: 3 OK, no assist. Good alti checks, waved and pulled at 5500'.
Stay in freefall position; grabbing harness can dislodge red handle. Main parachute departed, RSL deployed reserve. Good choice of off-field landing spot.

AFF Level 1:

Mainside JM: Steve Coker
Reserve: John Rose

-Exit: Dearched, lots of kicking. Rolled over twice. Lost reserve-side jumpmaster.:S

Stablized on arch. COA - arch, 3 practice touches, first two student grabbed main JMs altimeter. COA - relax. Pull at 6,000, Good C/C, PLF landing.

Pass to Level 2. - NEED TO RELAX, ARCH, AND KEEP THE HEAD UP

...Those were the days.

At the beginning of our 2-way FS efforts (actually the first thing I did after ISP) after a couple of terrible jumps:

"We docked! Just in time but we got together."

Haha, we took about 5 grand to get together but it was quite an achievement as previously we duffed the exits so badly we had to seperate and then we could not get back, sometimes not even find each other.
Only skydivers know why the birds sing; they don't have to pack a parachute!

There are a few good ones I have. A friend and I sometimes fill out each others log books and those can be really funny. Some memorable ones:

Jump 130: (Filled out by my friend) Chased out Lee and 3 others to build a round, while Mike the "Hero" followed. Took someone's foot to the eye and lost a lense. Built round...... (I remember it being like those 3d glasses, with one super tinted and the other one gone LOL)

Jump 159: 2 way train exit and horny gorrila
(My friend drew an elaborate picture of me missing a shoe)
Bastard Mike robbed my shoe. Note- Remind Mike he owes me a new shoe.

Jump 184: Solo, worked on side body moves. Went through clouds, NICE!
Someone added this after (not sure who): Cloud busting is an FAR Violation. Grounded.
LOL!

Jump 186: Got my 4 Stack award. What a sick jump. P.S. Crew dogs are fucking nuts.

Jump 191: 5-19-11 Place: Hollister. Aircraft: B-17. Gear: Lightning 193. 2 Way CRW. Exited bomb bay doors, coolest jump EVER.

Those sure were some good ones. I'll have to grab my friend's log book and post some pictures of what I drew in his, there are some funny pictures.

I don't have many to choose from either, but

AFF level 5
"Mishap on exit, wind caught me and I fell out. Got stable after a few seconds and started. 360 right, alt. 360 left, alt, forward, alt, w/o + pull at 6000. landed smooth, well...almost.
(from instructor) positive pressure on legs! Kick Ass Skydive! clear to Level 6"

felt pretty stupid about that exit, but I was no longer nervous about the flips on level 6 :P

well...I was going skydiving anyway. let's go.
Earn your pancakes.

Don't remember the jump number, but as I was stepping over a tandem student's leg I lost my footing and fell out of the door.

Logbook entry said: "fell out of the goddamn plane"

So now I tell people I've jumped out of a plane x times and fell out once. :S

Jump 71 after returning to skydiving:
Organized first Georgia State POPS record.
12-way, got it on first attempt.

Jump 500
Kiss pass from Kirsten Johnson.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

My favorite was from my second jump after AFF which was jump number 9:

2 Out!
Pulled Main at 4,500'
Both Main & Reserve came out. Main shifted over in front of Reserve into a Biplane. Steered and landed with Main rear risers. No flare.
I kept my cool and made it down safely!

I have some pretty cool signatures, I think. Back in the day we use to do "beer and pizza" demos. That and a few bucks to cover tach time was what we'd get to jump into church picnics, Elks, local ball games, etc. I landed and some kid wanted my autograph. I was kind of embarrassed: I was nobody. I told him I'd sign his if he'd signed my parachute. He was thrilled. From then on I carried my log book to demos and would get some kid to sign off the jump.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

I really enjoy my tandem log book entries. I have been using Skylog 3 log books that have a big half a page for each jump.

My students typically write a whole ton about their jump, draw pictures, all types of cool stuff.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

The DZO's 13 month year old signed off on one of my jumps. His mom came over and wrote out his name and wrote BEER! with it.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Leonardo da Vinci

Jump #86 reads Fucking Sabre tried to kill me! Deployed at 1800', immediately spinning on my back. Chop, massive linetwists on reserve. Stand up landing in middle of bean field. Main had 9 broken lines on left side - buy new parachute ASAP and adjust pull altitude UP!

I still have that POS with all the broken lines. It resides in my closet and is not likely to ever see air time again....

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...