jumpjunkie2004

Favorite Log Book Entry

Jump #6

I wrote:
"Big fuck up!! Didn't arch after pulling rip cord, hard opening, hands went down front of body and left thumb snagged reserve handle. 2 out. Said "fuck", evaluated and cutway."

If YOU did that, then I'VE got hope!
:D:P:)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

As we circled at 17,500 it was NASA that radioed our Otter. "We have lift off of STS 113." So, out the door we went. As a gymnastics instructor from Bedford Indiana, T flew down beside Space Shuttle Endeavour on his way to Earth. There was another Bedford Boy aboard Space Shuttle Endeavour, Kenneth D. Bowersox on his way to Orbit and the International Space Station. The two Hooisers pass in the night.

Do you have a favorite entry in your logbook?

Mine was my fourth AFF jump...

CAT D1 with video...

Good climb out, but left with knees up a bit. 2 practice touches while Instructor released. Great 90's with excellent heading control and speed. Five 90's with good altitude awareness and solo pull at 5K. Rear riser turns with brakes set, unset 90's. Good execution of flight plan with minimum radio assistance. Flare way to fast @ approx. 25', told to hold it and PLF.
Awesome Freefall. Review flare height...not cleared from radio.

So...here's why it's my favorite...I broke my ankle on this jump, but the instructor didn't mention it : )

My favorite log book entry is from way back in the day when I made my first trip to Z-Hills. I got on a 20 way and after landing, someone approached me and pointed to an old guy from our load who was packing. He suggested that I ask him to sign my log book and I did. That old guy turned out to be Lew Sanborn (D-1).

Well, lets see...

There was an entry I made when I had 200 and some jumps... when I got to jump a C-121... :)I'll leave it to all you youngin's out there to go look up what a C-121 is / was... ... and then shortly after that had my rig stolen that same day... :(

or...

There was an entry I made when I had around 900 and some jumps when I made a low turn on landing and shattered my right ankle... :(... ouch.

or...

There was the entry in my log book for my 1000th jump... :)
or...

There was the entry I made when I had... well... don't know how many jumps I had at the time... but it was over a thousand, less than two... when me and bunch of others was on a 34 way at Perris with a tandem and the pic of that made the cover of Parachutist... actaully an entry shortly before that was kind of memorable too, because on one of the practice jumps for the same we had a 40 something IFR break-off... :o:D

or...

The entry for the jump which ended in my second reserve ride somewhere around 1700ish jumps... my second reserve ride and my second save as a rigger... ME! :)
or...

The entry for my 2000th jump.

or...

The entry when I had 2800ish jumps and the jump ended in my third resereve ride and third save as a rigger... again ME! ;)

or...

The entry for my 3000th jump.

:P

1000th. I videoed my wife's 1st, a tandem, and we made Parachutist.

I see that Very hard to top.

That.. Just Rocks!! I hope she had fun.

On a side note. Weird , But my first jump= Tandem made Parachutist as well! :S

The first Dublin Boogie.
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

The_Don is an old fart like me....probably 1973.

But, to his great credit, he has a Trophy Wife!
:D:D:D

Seriously, Dublin 1 was what...March 2004? So figure May/June 2004?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

one of my favs was being on first load in our porter signed by Mike.
http://www.vancouver-skydiving.bc.ca/aircraft.html

after Mike Fitzgerald of ICARIUS AEROTECHNICS
converted from A27 with 620hp to
750hp Pratt & Whitney PT6A-34 turbine engine
B|B|B|
http://www.icarius-aerotechnics.com/pages/main_en.php

ride to altitude was only 8 min. as compared to 25-
:P:P:P

SMiles;)
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.

Would have to be a 4-way at Lost Prairie one year done with a good friend (the guy who got me into this!) who is no longer here, another ex-Aggie, and Bob Sinclair ... and it turned out to be my friend's last jump. Being a floaty sort, they sent me out first, but somehow I STILL managed to be above them by the time we were coming off the hill ... LOL!

BTW ... if you ever get a chance to look thru Bob's scrapbooks ... a great many pieces of the history of the sport!
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

I need my log book to get the exact date, but it was the summer of about 1974. Two of Jerry Bird's team mates (Jerry Bird's All Stars), were traveling through Montana. B.J. Worth wasn't famous then but he too was on that load. We ordered up D.C.-3 from the Smoke Jump Center in an effort to build a big-way. These two new guys from California organized things, and we were all pumped up to be on that load.

I left late and closed 14th or 15th. This was considered a new state record....a 15 way. Yes, big ways were small back then. To tell you the truth I hit it pretty hard and probably blew it up, but it held together long enough to be considered a 15 way and a state record. We were all really happy with ourselves, and did a lot of celebrating after. Those were the days!....Steve1