jumpjunkie2004

Favorite Log Book Entry

Do you have a favorite entry in your logbook?

Mine was my fourth AFF jump...

CAT D1 with video...

Good climb out, but left with knees up a bit. 2 practice touches while Instructor released. Great 90's with excellent heading control and speed. Five 90's with good altitude awareness and solo pull at 5K. Rear riser turns with brakes set, unset 90's. Good execution of flight plan with minimum radio assistance. Flare way to fast @ approx. 25', told to hold it and PLF.
Awesome Freefall. Review flare height...not cleared from radio.

So...here's why it's my favorite...I broke my ankle on this jump, but the instructor didn't mention it : )
Jump, Land, Pack, Repeat...

13-point 5-way with Derek Thomas, Laurel and Vic Moriera and one name I didn't get.

20+way on Derek Thomas' 30th anniversary jump.

9-way to get my SCS with my brother.

GA. State POPS record. Organized it and put myself in the base. Completed on first attempt.

First raft dive. Only me and my brother managed to hang on going out the CASA door. Geeked the camera.

Multiple listings: SCR/SCS jump for XXXXX at Skyfest. Successful!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

About 4 or 5 jumps ago - in Sebastian:

"First Head-down ever - with Amy. OMFG! 203 MILES PER HOUR HOLY SHIT!" A FREAKING MISSLE WE WERE!

Or something to that effect.

Either my first SL:

"Head down, de-arched, kicking and screaming."

Or my FF1 jump, a 28(?)-way 2-plane head up tube jump. Signed by Eli and Tim Porter.

Obviously 'favourites' for two rather different reasons! ;-)

---------------------------------------
Ex-University of Bristol Skydiving Club
www.skydivebristoluni.com

Final line after completing my AFF from my instructor:

'Tash may not become a great skydiver but she'll be safe - she's too scared to do things too fast'

B|

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

jump #132 :

3 way freefly (sit fly), good level and proximity work, break at 5K track until 4K
opening : very hard

note to myself : go back to belly before opening !!!

:D
--------------------------------------------------
I never used 2 rocks to start a fire ... this is called evolution !

Funny, you got me looking through the logbooks. I found one from when I was doing my last tandem with an experienced jumper before I finished the course, and became "full fledged". The guy I was taking weighed 230 lbs., and we planned to go unstable on exit, but he agreed to settle down when I tapped him on the shoulder around ten seconds after exit. I didn't know it, but he went and asked all the experienced TI's what the best way was to F- with me on exit. It worked, and we got really unstable, so I got a little poetic when I went to log it.

#646 5/19/02

Well, we left the Otter, and everything was cool, then Josh decided to act the fool.
He flipped us & spun us & turned us around, and all the while we're getting closer to the ground.
I slapped his shoulders, I said "Hey! Stop jerking! If you're trying to kill us, then brother, it's working!"
I got the drogue out after we got steady. Holy shit! Six grand already!?
Time to pull, and take us out of here. Pretty soon I'll be sippin' beer.
Opening was good, and then what do I see? Is that my my old instructor Joe flyin' next to me?
Sorry, Joe, if I can't hang around, but I've got a big boy here to get on the ground.
Landing was okay, just some dirt on the gear. I thought "Hey, it happens, now about that beer..."

Makes me wish I still cared enough to log like this.

Well, we left the Otter, and everything was cool, then Josh decided to act the fool.
He flipped us & spun us & turned us around, and all the while we're getting closer to the ground.
I slapped his shoulders, I said "Hey! Stop jerking! If you're trying to kill us, then brother, it's working!"
I got the drogue out after we got steady. Holy shit! Six grand already!?
Time to pull, and take us out of here. Pretty soon I'll be sippin' beer.
Opening was good, and then what do I see? Is that my my old instructor Joe flyin' next to me?
Sorry, Joe, if I can't hang around, but I've got a big boy here to get on the ground.
Landing was okay, just some dirt on the gear. I thought "Hey, it happens, now about that beer..."

Great entry!!!!

: )
Jump, Land, Pack, Repeat...

Excellent post. I had someone do the samething to me on one of my check tandems. My butt cheeks were clinched to tightly after i got down so i had no flow of anything to the brain to be that poetic!! I think my log was something to the effect of "I got fucked with - THE END!!"
drakeshelby