DcloudZ

What's the one thing that you hope will never happen to you skydiving?

Pretty straight forward, what's the one thing that you hope will never happen to you while skydiving? For example: double malfunction.

In my case it would be a problem with the airplane under 1,500ft in which case I would be forced to remain in the plane and hope for the best.
"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts

Pretty straight forward, what's the one thing that you hope will never happen to you while skydiving? For example: double malfunction.

In my case it would be a problem with the airplane under 1,500ft in which case I would be forced to remain in the plane and hope for the best.

There are more than one.
__

My mighty steed

too many to list, but...

I hope I am never furthest away from the door when we are low, and the pilot gives the instruction to bail.

imagine you got two perfectly good parachutes on your back and the plane is passing through 2K, descending rapidly, and you still got 10+ bodies in front of you, with everyone hesitating in the door.

too many to list, but...

I hope I am never furthest away from the door when we are low, and the pilot gives the instruction to bail.

imagine you got two perfectly good parachutes on your back and the plane is passing through 2K, descending rapidly, and you still got 10+ bodies in front of you, with everyone hesitating in the door.

Having to bail out of said airplane but logjammed in the door because some guy ten spots back won't stop trying to shove his way through while yelling GTFO OF MY WAY, YOU MAGGOTS!
It's all been said before, no sense repeating it here.

I hope I never hurt anyone while skydiving.

+100000000000000000000000000000000000
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Death.

Yes, clearly, but what I meant is a specific event, fatal or not :o

But the problem is no situation is ever textbook, so one must always seek to prevent death by constantly being proactive, preventative, reactive, and observant.

I have survived more than a few situations that were never specifically prepared for because they were never foreseen.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

If the wings fall of the plane, you have a better chance to jump at 670 ft from it than when you stay in the plane.

During my ground school I was tought that if there is a malfunction with the airplane under 1,500 then we are not allowed to bail.
"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts

If the wings fall of the plane, you have a better chance to jump at 670 ft from it than when you stay in the plane.

During my ground school I was tought that if there is a malfunction with the airplane under 1,500 then we are not allowed to bail.

Normaly you stay with the plane and you make an emergency landing. This should give you the highest chance of survival. But if an emergency landing is not possible, staying in the plane is a (almost) certain death and the pilot keeps yelling "get out" ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_accidents_and_incidents_involving_military_aircraft_(1960%E2%80%931974)
1963 - 26 June
A BAF Fairchild C-119G Flying Boxcar, CP45, c/n 246, en route to RAF Gütersloh, crashes near Detmold, Germany after being accidentally hit by a British mortar bomb over the Sennelager Range. 5 crewmen and 33 paratroopers died, while 9 paratroopers managed to jump to safety using their parachutes.[101

PS The survivors got out very low.

If the wings fall off the plane, good luck getting out of it anyway!

For me, quad-level paralysis or something that left me in permanent pain would be a far worse proposition than sudden death. Death is coming regardless, after all! I think one thing we all fear is regret, and being killed outright takes care of that. ;)

My other big dread is mental impairment caused by an accident. I've had two friends suffer permanent brain injury through bad landings, and that was very sobering. Why anyone would make a habit of jumping without a helmet is beyond me.

I do also fear being forced to give up jumping permanently for any reason beyond my control. When the time comes for me to hang up my rig for the last time, I hope I can be at peace with that.

Well seeing as i have between 100 and 200 jumps i fear nothing and know everything.... So no problems here B|

But really i think i have to agree with not hurting anyone else while skydiving. That and the being trapped in a plane thats going down idea is pretty freaky

Talking about things that can happen to me rather than things I could accidentally do to someone else, then definitely at the top of my list are permanent injuries, worst of all being paralysis I suppose, or anything leaving me in constant pain. Something like a really hard opening that snaps me in half, I fear that more than a rough landing doing the same because I have basically no control over the former and it feels like a random event that could happen on any given jump.

Actually going in cleanly and ending it all, I'm not very worried about. In fact, considering the absolute certainty of death one way or another, and the terrible nature of most other deaths, merging instantly with a planet seems like a damn good way to go and perhaps I hope it does happen one day. :S

Watching the pilot run past me and jump out the door while screaming like a bitch ;)

Haha! That's a good one, I like it :)