kallend

New head down world record

Completed today at Summerfest. 136 way.

And check out this excellent mainstream media story about it... really well done.

Heck, they even use the word "canopy" properly. Rook and Melissa probably deserve kudos for edumacatin' the reporter so that s/he was able to write this technically detailed and accurate account of this exceptional accomplishment.

Good on ya, mates!

B|

P.S. Was it 136 or 138? The Perfesser says 136; the photo caption says 138. Can someone clarify -- and maybe provide a personnel list?
SCR-6933 / SCS-3463 / D-5533 / BASE 44 / CCS-37 / 82d Airborne (Ret.)

"The beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names."

And check out this excellent mainstream media story about it... really well done.

Heck, they even use the word "canopy" properly. Rook and Melissa probably deserve kudos for edumacatin' the reporter so that s/he was able to write this technically detailed and accurate account of this exceptional accomplishment.

The AP reporter that wrote this piece is a jumper. She was at Summerfest and took herself off any load that would clash with a record attempt so she could get the story correctly and and immediately. She knows Rook, Melissa, Norman Kent etc all personally.

I won't pass on her name as she has seen fit not to, but she is a great person who I have no doubt will do the sport a great service in the future when it comes to reporting skydiving.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

The AP reporter that wrote this piece is a jumper.

And the NBC Nightly News broadcast reported it tonight, too! :)
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Being an old school big way jumper that video gave me vertigo. It looked like everyone was spinning out of control. :P

Congratulations to all involved……good job, well done, a copy of this will be made a part of your permanent record. ;)

Sparky

My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

If that one gave you vertigo try this one..

http://immersivemedia.com/demos/skydive-world-record/

edit: just in case its not obvious.. once the video loads.. try left clicking and panning.

Man you shouldn't do that to an old man. I sprayed Gray Goose all over my key board.:P

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

138 way world record.

Did a 142 way on the second day, but because the formation submitted to the judges wasn't drawn correctly it didn't count.

And it was...

AWESOMEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

You can see the boom's shadow at several points in the video. Any idea which model? (products in the link above) or how he was capturing the video? The recording solutions on the page look rather bulky compared to what you can see him wearing.