Whamie

When am I off...

10 years! :o
Well, at least i'll be off whuffo status. I thought tourists are the tandem jumpers (not the instructors but the passengers)?

In any case, for being off whuffo status i'll bring a case of brew the next time i'm at Perris.

Nah, "tourists" are the ones who get into the sport, get all wrapped up in it, say "OMG I'll NEVER EVER EVER stop skydiving" and sell their gear within 3-4 years because life changes or the next shiny thing comes along.

Nothing wrong with that, but it's kind of funny to watch when they first start and are convinced they're the special ones who will never quit. Reality is, most do.

Sincerely,
Still a tourist (2 more years, 98 more jumps needed)B|

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

When you know the answer......
"whuffo you jump out of a perfectly good airplane?"
If you know the answer, you stop asking the question.
This is the paradox of skydiving. We do something very dangerous, expose ourselves to a totally unnecesary risk, and then spend our time trying to make it safer.

but it's kind of funny to watch when they first start and are convinced they're the special ones who will never quit. Reality is, most do.

Is that a short-bus joke? >:(

It is a window licker joke. Quit leaving streaks on the aircraft windows!
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P