dragonfyr

Night Jump Briefing

Hi everyone (again),

First, I want to thank Tom Buchanan and The Ranch for making this post possible. They were nice enough to post the briefing on their S&TA webpage.
http://theblueskyranch.com/sta2.php
Tom also provided comments on the briefing that made it that much better - Thanks Tom!

The first time I was asked to give a night jump briefing as S&TA, I started researching sources to get information. The S&TA manual has no details, the SIM has some good basics, but most of the detailed information was gained from people who had done a lot of night jumps or who had been in the sport for a long time.

In order to give a consistent briefing at our dropzone, I decided to build a presentation to gather all the tidbits of information and put it into a logical flow. Most of the information is straight forward, so no speaker notes were included for this one.

We are sharing the briefing here for two reasons:
1) To find out if anyone has additional comments or points that we missed
2) To share this with anyone who wants to use it.

Obviously, the CSC logos are off limits, but please feel free to use any or all of the briefing material at your dropzones.

It was designed for use with a projector, but it can just as easily be printed out in slide format or handout format (4 to a page).

If you have any questions or comments you don't want to post, please feel free to PM me.

Donald Moffett
S&TA
Chicagoland Skydiving Center

P.S. A water training presentation is also located on the site and in another post.

This presentation contains content that your browser may not be able to show properly. This presentation was optimized for more recent versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer.

If you would like to proceed anyway, click here.

from http://theblueskyranch.com/CSCNightJumpBriefing.htm

This is not nice!

I have converted to pdf.

Nice work anyway!

This presentation contains content that your browser may not be able to show properly. This presentation was optimized for more recent versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer.

If you would like to proceed anyway, click here.

from http://theblueskyranch.com/CSCNightJumpBriefing.htm

This is not nice!

I have converted to pdf.

Nice work anyway!

Interesting. The original version on the site gave me that same error message so the webmaster did some tweeking and now it is fine, at least with my IE 6.0. Sorry it didn't work for you. Computers sometimes suck!
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy