mahonie10

Fun exits

Tube!

One skydiver sits with their legs out the door, the other bends over and they grab each others' knees, then they fall out in a sort of cartwheeling somersault. Great fun! Get someone who knows what they're doing to show you properly, of course.

I second the tube. especially BIG tubes! :)
but also the cannon ball exit. one person is outside the plane and the other sits in their lap and hangs on. you kind of launch off to start a rotation. super fun

launching a horny gorilla is interesting. but that one is kinda hard to explain where everybody's feet go.

what I've heard called a molecule exit is funny. its meant for a zoo dive. pretty much there is no exit plan. you all kinda start prepping for exit and somebody just decides to go. no count. no set person deciding. everybody has to be paying attention though. :D:D

I know some things about safe exits. For starters, make sure that all of your parts are going to be well clear of all the airplane parts. Hitting your head on a door frame or step is no way to start a skydive. Breaking your hand on exit is going to make for a shitty pull time.

Beyond that, watch your handles and pins. You need those things to complete a safe juimp, and any exit that allows them to be moved, bumped, or contacted in any way with any part of the plane or another jumper is a bad idea.

Can exits be fun? Sure. Do you still need to keep your head in the game and watch out for yourself? Sure again.

We have torn rotator cuffs, bruised faces, and dislodged handles doing random grip exits. Stuff as many people in the door, grip up like a game of twister gone bad, and roll out the door. One big extended funnel.

It was and still is stupid, but it was fun at the time. :D

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I've been thinking lately that it must be fun to allow a first time tandem student to spartan kick me out of the door. It would definitely provide that extra little fun experience to their first jump. Anyone foresee something wrong with this as I'm still inexperienced when it comes to skydiving.
"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts

Sure, I can think of a few reasons why that would be a less the stellar idea.

They could Spartan kick one of your handles. Spartan reserve PC out right over the horizontal stab sounds swell.

Or they could Spartan kick you in the ribs and mess you up.

Or they could misjudged and kick you in the crotch, hilarity would ensue.

What exactly about getting kicked in the chest seems like fun to you?

As far as the student goes, he or she needs to be focused on trying to remember how to get into the exit position, how to arch, as so forth. I wouldn't welcome your idea if it was one my student.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I thought of those as well so maybe not for a first jump. But the fun on my part comes from the fact that I made someone else's first jump a lot better! Just an added experience for someone who may never get to jump again..
"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts

But the fun on my part comes from the fact that I made someone else's first jump a lot better!

For who? By distracting a tandem student from their own business? By asking them to jack around in their harness near the door while their TI is trying to conduct a safe skydive?

Worry about your gear, your handles, your pins, your mindframe, your skydive, and your spot when you're in the door preparing to jump.

But the fun on my part comes from the fact that I made someone else's first jump a lot better!

For who? By distracting a tandem student from their own business? By asking them to jack around in their harness near the door while their TI is trying to conduct a safe skydive?

Worry about your gear, your handles, your pins, your mindframe, your skydive, and your spot when you're in the door preparing to jump.

Sir yes sir!

Relax ffs it was just an idea, I am very aware of the fact that I am inexperienced. Doug got the gist of it, no need to continue blasting me for it.

Sir yes sir!

Relax ffs it was just an idea, I am very aware of the fact that I am inexperienced. Doug got the gist of it, no need to continue blasting me for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeLrybWbRF8
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Scuba dive exit. Sit with your back to the door, legs inside, hold your nose and roll out backwards. Link arms for multiple parties.

There's a few in this video I made last year (sorry for the poor edit)

https://vimeo.com/24522568

0.39 - 9 Way tube exit
0.50 - The tube exploding
1.28 - Raft exit
3:07 - Magic carpet ride (Difficult to explain this one, but NUTS)
3:25 - An attempted hybrid exit (in prep for a hybrodeo)
5:00 - Magic Carpet exit again
5:30 - 4 Way Horny Gorilla exit (We ALL forgot to let go of each others arm grips)

I also enjoy all 4 way random exits. The look cool too.

Sorry the footage is not the best.

Scuba dive exit. Sit with your back to the door, legs inside, hold your nose and roll out backwards. Link arms for multiple parties.

There's a few in this video I made last year (sorry for the poor edit)

https://vimeo.com/24522568

0.39 - 9 Way tube exit
0.50 - The tube exploding
1.28 - Raft exit
3:07 - Magic carpet ride (Difficult to explain this one, but NUTS)
3:25 - An attempted hybrid exit (in prep for a hybrodeo)
5:00 - Magic Carpet exit again
5:30 - 4 Way Horny Gorilla exit (We ALL forgot to let go of each others arm grips)

I also enjoy all 4 way random exits. The look cool too.

Sorry the footage is not the best.

clicky ;)

Talk about having fun with a tandem.....
If I am in a little cessna, with maybe two tandems and me doing a solo, I would open the door, check the spot while seated, and then start talking to the tandem passenger. While talking, I would make as if I lost my balance in the door, and just roll out. The cam footage is hilarious. They normally try and grab you, but then they also realise they are getting closer to the door, and pull their hands back.

OK, note to inform the TM, and also, don't do this with any student. Some won't find it funny.
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

Here are a couple of solo exits.

A friend showed me how to do a gainer from a C182 this weekend -- super easy and fun. The gainer is smooooth and slow. Basically, you climb out on the step facing the back of the plane. Reach behind you and grab the strut with your left hand, and place your right hand on the back of the door. Then simply step/hop forward (while maintaining a vertical orientation), tilt your head back as far as you can, keep your feet symmetrical, and arch.

This guy does it nicely: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKD4qRbRknw

Another fun one from a 182 is the backwards cannonball. Crouch on the step facing forward while holding onto the strut with one hand. When you're ready, let go of the strut, wrap both arms around your bent knees and lean backwards.