schmal

How to make Jump #100 Special?

I know some people do naked jumps.
I know some people to hoops and such.
I am a few jumps away and wanted to get advice on how you more experienced jumpers made this milestone stand out for you.

Go naked. Especially since summer is not yet over.

Even better is a nude night jump ;)

I know some people do naked jumps.
I know some people to hoops and such.
I am a few jumps away and wanted to get advice on how you more experienced jumpers made this milestone stand out for you.

I had my first malfunction, a total, with a round and a belly wart reserve container with another round in it.

Very memorable!

The main thing is, whatever you do, be sure you can make jump #101.

B|
SCR-6933 / SCS-3463 / D-5533 / BASE 44 / CCS-37 / 82d Airborne (Ret.)

"The beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names."

Let people who you like know that it's your 100th. They'll make it special no matter what you do on it. ;) I did a wingsuit rodeo for mine b/c I had been wanting to for a while and we had a skyvan. It was a fun jump but what made it special was the pieing. The entire boogie came out to pie me that night. It was awesome! B| I still meet people to this day that go "oh my god! that was you?" because they remember my pieing too :P

Ask some old timers if they'll make you a cake.

I don't really recall my 100th. Just another fun jump. :)
My 1000th stands out though. Got a pie on that one.:)

You mean you just admitted that you weren't pied for your 100th? You do realize there is no statute of limitation on pie, right? :P
Remster

You mean you just admitted that you weren't pied for your 100th? You do realize there is no statute of limitation on pie, right? :P

That's what they tell me...:P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I'm keeping my mouth shut on #6000 next summer too. ;):P

My advice would be - don't try too hard, and don't get hung up on doing something out of the ordinary.

Dangers include:
- Taking forever to do your hundredth, because you're waiting around for the right people/ organiser/ equipment to make it special.
- Having a zoo dive because you wanted to do something beyond your capability or that of all the friends you wanted to be on it.
- Pressurising yourself with the fear of screwing up your landmark jump. ;)

Sure, if the timing is good then it's nice to plan and do something out of the ordinary - but if not, then you can always just go ahead and log it, and then at some point when the conditions are right do that celebratory jump to mark it.

Have fun!

Take yourself back to day 1...do a static line jump....while blindfolded and get led down by radio. I see this done quite a bit around here. Minor planning, nearly guaranteed to work and it is a VERY VERY VERY different experience and scary as hell.
"When once you have tasted flight..."

Take yourself back to day 1...do a static line jump....while blindfolded and get led down by radio. I see this done quite a bit around here. Minor planning, nearly guaranteed to work and it is a VERY VERY VERY different experience and scary as hell.

Is this serious?

Seems like there are many things that could go very wrong...
"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts

Is this serious?

Seems like there are many things that could go very wrong...

Someone at my home DZ a couple weeks back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb7f1PF6768&feature=player_embedded
Blue Skies!

If you don't like it do it yourself and shut up
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/21/RJq7qFNeoECVymQBZu1E3g2.jpg

Seems like an awesome way to ditch someone in the pond :P