Babyrosey

Why do people skydive?

Hi Britanny,
Where in OZ are you, you would do far far better by popping in to the nearest DZ on Saturday and asking about, it will be WAY more fun doing THAT sort research, and you'll meet some cool people in the process.

Where are you?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

SA. I am planning to do that, but to result more marks for grading, I need to do different ways of finding out why, but this is impossible. I will pop in at Lower Light soonish.

make a run out to Murray Bridge too. Different place different folks.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Ok, to be honest, I struggles with communication as I am deaf, I can speak, but I can't understand people. I am using this forum to be able to get full response from people without misunderstanding, and I know I am asking too much, but I am required to communicate people, and hear their opinion.

Could you by any chance, express your opinion on why do you skydive? How did you decided that you wanted to skydive? If you don't have time, that's fine. I can ask someone else.

I will try.

In 1981 a work mate said he was going to do a static line course in pakenham Vic and would I like to try. I said "yes" and was shaking when i said it. To say i was very nervous the day I turned up would be understating it. Anyway before long there we were up at 2500 feet and jumped . parachute opened and I kinda fell in love. tHAT FEELING IS ADDICTIVE !! (Although I know lots of people who did one tandem (at my recommendation) who loved it but will never do another one.

Its just the total chaos of freefall that goes to the quiet and peaceful canopy ride . But its also about the whole experience. rising early driving to the DZ arriving early hoping the weather is OK.. talking to other jumpers and instructors. feeling like you do not want to be anywhere else on earth except there... and the jumps of course.

So I really did IT for a dare (and went on to do 66 jumps over 30 years) which is nothing to most on here but alot of jumps to regular non jumpers. THE BEST THING I ever did PERIOD

I supose people skydive for all reasons but for me it was the joy of freefall (a real buzz) and the shear excitement. Imagine how you feel when you jump your first rig that you packed yourself. (quite proud of yourself)

I stopped and then came back some 30 years later for a brief period and that magic was still there. Why I stopped again is another story

best wishes PM me if you like

Greg W

Babyrosey I see you have done 3 jumps DO SOME MORE !!!
I tend to be a bit different. enjoyed my time in the sport or is it an industry these days ??

I am doing a research on why do people skydive for school project.
Any comments, i will be happy to hear.

People skydive because cows can't.

I can't seem to find out how much she weighs but I guess this one could at least do a tandem. Any TM's want to volunteer?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unleashed/2010/09/swallow-a-dexter-cow-named-the-worlds-smallest-cow.html
Dave

Fallschirmsport Marl

Part of the reason I think people here don't want to answer is because we get asked it ALL the time and it has been answered several times already on this forum. Nobody asks people why they play football or sing or paint or whatever over and over and over again. Why do we need to justify what we do to other people? So please don't get upset when people don't want to answer that question again. It does get frustrating especially since it's so hard to describe. The saying "it's like explaining sex to a virgin" is very apt for our sport ;) But I'll still answer because I understand the want for new information. :P

I skydive because I love it. I love the people; I love the sport; I love how I feel when I jump; I love the rush; I love the fear; I love the adrenaline; I love how its affected me as a person; I love the things I've done because I started skydiving; I love the entire sensory experience; I love skydiving.

I started because my college had a skydiving club (The Falling Gators) and they put up signs everywhere. I went to an info meeting and just knew I had to jump. I went straight into AFF and never looked back. Almost five years later, skydiving is still my crack. :)

My best suggestion is to read the poems I wrote , found in the TRIVIA thread of dropzone.com, and written there by Twardowsi on May 22nd 2012. If that doesnt explain it satisfactorily to you, then nothing will.

Its the greatest thrill available on the face of this planet.

Read " How a Human Can Fly, " and others.

>Part of the reason I think people here don't want to answer is because we get
>asked it ALL the time and it has been answered several times already on this forum.

Yep. Currently there are three threads all asking exactly the same question in this forum alone.

Why do I skydive?
To increase my testicular mass?
To save money?
To meet many many many nice women?
To be safe?
To impress the ladies?

Ok sorry about that I couldn’t help it.
Why I started skydiving? I always wanted to do it. No I'm serious and it sound so silly and stupid I know but from the moment I saw it as a little kid on the X games where people were sky surfing I wanted to enjoy that level of freedom and peace. But life got in the way, the my x wife started driving me crazy and I had a choice scream at her or find something more peaceful than yoga. I so I tried skydiving. One broke tibfib later and god knows how many bans from the Bonfire for offending "handsome female engineers" and I still love the sport and the people and every time I get out of my car and see the packing mat...I smile.
:)

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Why do people assumed I haven't skydive. I have already skydived three times, and is currently saving up to do AFF course. I know my own reason for skydiving, I am not ALLOWED to state MY own OPINION. I am asking your opinion as it is my task to ask people why do YOU skydive.
I have done plenty of research, I am required to have someone to tell me their opinion to complete my project.

To state the obvious its the closest thing to human flight we can do (I would imagine wing suits are even better). freefall feels welll like freefall but I found its different to what i expected (no felling of losing ones stomach..

however whufffos do not believe it. All my friends say they could not do it cause they hate that feeling when a lift goes down fast or they look over the top of a building but of course we know its nothing like that.

Good luck with your AFF Ma a'm your are in for one hell of a ride Good luck for the project as well

I tend to be a bit different. enjoyed my time in the sport or is it an industry these days ??

In 2007, I wrote an article on Dropzone.com at Skydiving History & Trivia with title The state of sport parachuting in 2007.

Have a look at this article, you might find few answers to your question
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.