Ray.Castaneda

How many jumps do you average a month?

I think really it depend if you want to be a casual jumper or a progressive skydiver. Even a casual jumper should still strive to stay current, for many reasons.

I am still new and trying to gain experience. I try to jump as much as I can. Two weeks between jumps is a long time for me. 2 per Saturday (when I jump) is about the least I try to do. Driving 90 miles to the DZ costs gas money and it hate to pay as much for gas as jump costs. I am bleeding my savings right now. So, I might have to taper off at some point.

I am aiming for 100 by the end of my first year in the sport. I had a rather slow start.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

per year???

You dont have enough poll options. I average about 8 per month
and thats on the low end compared to a lot of folks on this site.
I jump about 8 months of the year (not fond of cold weather jumping)
for a total around 65 - 75 per year

I wish I could jump more but I'm financially tied.
__

My mighty steed

being an european weekend warrior, I average 15 jumps a month, for 10 years. But these 2 years are slower.

How do I do it ? 10-12 jumps per weekend when possible, jumping holidays etc ...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

>90 jumps in a month!?

Like I said, that's a big month. That would be two four-day camps with me doing video for a team doing 10-14 jumps a day.

>Where is your favorite place to jump?

Favorite? Belize was pretty sweet, as was Lost Prairie. Usually I jump at Perris where they have the lift capacity to support those kinds of teams.

>Me and my fellow newbies want to know where you purchase these "camps".

Well, I don't - I do video for them nowadays. I did an 8 way team one year via the Fury 8 Project, which was a program started by Perris Fury to offer high level training to 8 way teams. Fury's 8 way teams have varied from novice teams competing in intermediate to Moxie, which is a high level 8 way open class team that's scoring in the top 5 at Nationals.

But most larger DZ's have coaches willing to put together and coach a 4 way or 8 way team. Ask them about player/coach, which is a coach who is also one of the members of the team.