DcloudZ

Fun jumping ideas

It's my birthday this coming weekend and I plan on making fun jumps all day long!!:D I would like to know if anyone has any crazy/fun/awesome ideas for fun jumps! (Solo, 2-way, group) Anything from exits, to freefall, to canopy, to landing! I want to here all of your ideas, silly or not;)

I've started myself a list but I know there are plenty of things that I haven't thought of!

Don't worry about giving me ideas that may seem beyond my skill level (within reason), as I always consult with instructors and the DZO at my dropzone before trying new things and have the ability to swallow my pride and not do something that I believe is beyond my abilities!:)
Can't wait to hear all of your ideas!

Blue skies:)
"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts

I love playing odd man out. It's best with 5-6 people. basically choose the first base (I suggest you) everybody goes to base. Doesn't matter what formation is made. Whoever is last in becomes the new base. (i.e. if a 6 way, when 5 people build, 6th is new base) Everyone breaks and forms a new formation on the new base and repeat. its a lot of fun and seriously tests your flying skills w/o realizing it.

Maybe try experimenting on some fun exits, depending on the type of plane, and your gear, wagon-wheel, horny gorilla, those are always fun.

Or do a star, to an open 2-way, then one person does a 360 to open grip on the other side, then the other person repeats.

Small dives, but dives that really improve your flying. I spent last weekend doing 2-way & 3-way drill dives with a few my buddies last weekend. I always learn a ton.

Good luck!!
PULL!! or DIE!!

lets see there's also:

high pull

shredder (closed according with two people and track the shit out of it. you spin really fast & eventually bust)

horny gorilla

cannon ball exit (person out side of plane, you sit on their lap for exit, person pushes off as hard as they can)

rodeo

reverse rodeo

naked jump (it's your birthday why not in your birthday suit ;))

kiss pass

get fruit looped

dancing spider (hard to explain but if somebody knows it its fun but challenging 5 way)

mr potato head

monkey see monkey do (2way)

Alright definitely going to do a Mr. Potato Head jump :D

+ a rubik's cube one

possibly a high pull

I did want to do a naked for my 100th but maybe I could do that now and do a Mr. Bill for my 100th :D

rodeo would be nice (experience required?)

I'll try and get a girl for a kiss pass :P (maybe 2 birds with one stone with the naked jump haha?)

Thanks a bunch so far guys, great ideas! :D

"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts

I did want to do a naked for my 100th but maybe I could do that now and do a Mr. Bill for my 100th :D

I vote naked!

Do it naked for all your milestones. And most every type of jump mentioned can be done naked as well!
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

dancing spider (hard to explain but if somebody knows it its fun but challenging 5 way)

Even more challenging when only 3 of ya make it in! :P

Were you on that odd man out at I think the Farm where Hunter or Kevin was the odd man out and had that look of horror on his face when it was his turn?

I think I have that video somewhere. :D:D:D:D:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I do a lot of solo jumps, as it is often the only way to get several jumps in one day. (C-182 with students or a tandem).

I have done several jumps with the goal to fly stable on my back, legs 90 at hips, 90ish at the knees. I exit facing the rear with the relitive wind on my back and fly down the hill like that. Then try to be stable at terminal. I normally spin once at terminal. It often gets out of hand and I have to go to my belly. But is fun for a solo.

There was a page in the Parachutist in this position about 2 issues ago.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

Even more challenging when only 3 of ya make it in! :P

Were you on that odd man out at I think the Farm where Hunter or Kevin was the odd man out and had that look of horror on his face when it was his turn?

I think I have that video somewhere. :D:D:D:D:D

yup! That was hilarious! I love the look of fear in their eyes. Especially when you play with some really good people :D:D:D

Could anyone explain the "dancing spider"? :D

Five way jump. One person in the middle, one person on each of the center person's grip points (so if you're in the center, you're doing an open accordion with the two jumpers in front of you, and one person has your right leg with their left hand and another person has your left leg with their right hand). You end up with a center guy, and a front left, front right, rear right, rear left (positions described are relative to the center person).

That's the starting position, then you rotate. So you could have the center person go to the front left, front left slides over to front right, front right slides to rear right, rear right goes to rear left, and rear left goes into center.

Repeat till everyone's been the middle guy. B|

It's a skydive with a lot of movement. It's actually not that easy for a bunch of brand new jumpers. But it's fun!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

That's the starting position, then you rotate. So you could have the center person go to the front left, front left slides over to front right, front right slides to rear right, rear right goes to rear left, and rear left goes into center.

You left out the part where someone forgets where to go 2 or 3 rotations in, and then everyone just stares at each other or laughs until break off.
Owned by Remi #?

You left out the part where someone forgets where to go 2 or 3 rotations in, and then everyone just stares at each other or laughs until break off.

:D:D:D

I also left out the part where no one ever gets on level and the initial spider never builds.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

The spider seems interesting but I don't have much experience diving in larger groups, I usually solo/2-way and I've only ever done one of each 5-way and 7-way track dives; no experience in group formations lol

The spider seems interesting but I don't have much experience diving in larger groups, I usually solo/2-way and I've only ever done one of each 5-way and 7-way track dives; no experience in group formations lol

Yep, keep it in your back pocket for later. It's not an easy dive, and if you're new to groups of that size, you'd probably find it more frustrating than fun.

Yep, keep it in your back pocket for later. It's not an easy dive, and if you're new to groups of that size, you'd probably find it more frustrating than fun.

A variation of the spider that I learned recently is that the most experienced jumper is the center, and the other four each get assigned a limb. After 3 of the 4 get in, the center signals, grips are dropped and the center moves. Maybe forward a bit, maybe back. Turns one way or the other too. Then the "grabbers" have to find their assigned limb again. When 3 of the 4 get in, off you go again.

It's a lot of fun, a lot easier to remember (all I had to remember was "right leg") and the "Last one doesn't get in" part make it a bit competitive.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo