MikeTJumps

Saturday BOD in Minneapolis

Just for the record, your alleged facts are terribly wrong. I have been to busy running a Civil Air Patrol squadron these past four years to be current as an instructor and I voluntarily allowed my ratings and jumping activity to lapse.

It's funny how you claim I'm wrong, and then your very next sentence confirms exactly what I'm saying.

So why do you say in your skydiving resume, as seen originally in message #18, that "Mike participates as an evaluator at AFF Training Camps and Certification Courses..."? When was the last time you performed either of those duties? You shouldn't claim to be something that you are no longer current to do. Instead of speaking in the present tense ("participates"), you should write it in the past tense ("has participated") to be accurate.

As to not being well liked locally, well, such is life. I had plenty of signatures to get on the ballot but the last time, several were ruled ineligible due to lapses in those members' memberships.

If you had possessed plenty of signatures, then a few invalidations wouldn't have mattered. What it sounds like is you barely had enough to just squeak by, and it only took a few being shot down to ruin your chances. If you were widely liked and respected, you wouldn't have any problem gathering enough signatures to have a sufficent cushion.

As to flying, I fly Cessnas regularly

When was the last time you flew jumpers for a skydive? Why claim to be a "licensed (jump) pilot" if you haven't actually been a jump pilot in many years? Trying to fool people? Are you a private or a commercial pilot?

...and as to rigging, I am a current rigger. Just because I don't do other peoples' rigs doesn't mean I'm not current in that profession.

And again with the rigging, so you pack your own emergency rig. But that makes your current knowledge rather limited. When was the last time you packed a Vector, Talon, Micron or Racer? When was the last time you installed an AAD or a Skyhook? Are you a senior or master?

When was the last time you actually made a skydive? You claim that your CAP duties have kept you from jumping for the last four years, but it's been much longer than that since you've jumped. You're hedging again. Just tell us - how long?

If your CAP duties have taken you away from skydiving, then how are you going to squeeze in being a USPA board member on top of your CAP duties? Are you going to resign from your CAP duties to serve the USPA?

You're presenting yourself as someone who is on top of all aspects of this sport, when in fact your participation in those areas is all very dated. The public has the right to know all this, since you're running for the board. They don't deserve to be fooled by a grand sounding resume, that doesn't actually play out in real life. And you shouldn't be promoting yourself as more than you really are.

We have good board members who aren't current jumpers. No problem. But they tend to still be involved in the sport in some manner, such as drop zone owners, jump pilots, competition judges, etc. Don't pretend to be something you're not. Don't try and fool people. We want straight shooters on the board, not self-promoters.

You are quoting off of the book cover which is not my election statement. I packed a vector just last week including an AAD de-installation due to it being expired. I jumped last 4 years ago and operated as a jump pilot 3 years ago. I serve as an expert witness in skydiving cases. Stop espousing your ignorance and learn the truth!
Mike Turoff
Instructor Examiner, USPA
Co-author of Parachuting, The Skydiver's Handbook

Commercial pilot, single and multi-engine land, IDE. Second in command rating for a dc3. Jump pilot right seat in twin otters. C172 and c206 jump pilot. For the record, ratings are now called honorary after currency lapses.
Mike Turoff

For the record: I have posted my real 2012 election statement in that subject header. What you quoted incorrectly was off of the book cover of Parachuting, The Skydiver's Handbook and when that was written, it was true and correct.
Mike Turoff

I serve as an expert witness in skydiving cases.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. You testify AGAINST drop zones. That's just what we need from a member of the board of the USPA. (sarcasm) Like that board member that gave an incident report to a plaintiff's lawyer to help them sue a drop zone. You'll have to pardon me if I oppose having a board member who works to shut down drop zones when an accident occurs. We have enough trouble with outside lawyers doing that, without having our own board members doing it from within.

How about putting your real name And credentials with your posts!

I'm not running for the board or pretending to be something I'm not. So my real name and credentials don't matter. But obviously I know enough about you to keep you from getting away with some of the BS you're promoting.

ratings are now called honorary after currency lapses

Ah, but you didn't bother to make that distinction in your description. You've been leading people to believe that your ratings are current.

What you quoted incorrectly was off of the book cover of Parachuting, The Skydiver's Handbook and when that was written, it was true and correct.

I didn't quote it - someone else did. I just pointed out the inaccuracies in it. So, you'll be correcting that description for the next printing, right?

Oh, and your description on your web site where you get lawyers to pay you to testify against drop zones is still incorrect too. Readers, see: http://www.allexperts.com/ep/1652-14185/Skydiving-w-Parachutes/Mike-Turoff.htm
What happens when the opposing lawyer points out that your claimed credentials are out of date, and that you're really just a paper tiger?

And you still haven't addressed the question about how you'll do a good job on the USPA board when you've got a full time regular job, your CAP duties keep you from skydiving, and you also serve with the PIA. How are you going to add dedicated time for USPA to all that? What will you do when there's a conflict of interest between the PIA and USPA?

I'm not running for the board or pretending to be something I'm not. So my real name and credentials don't matter. But obviously I know enough about you to keep you from getting away with some of the BS you're promoting.

You’re making some pretty strong statements against someone without being willing to have your name associated with them. When people insist on being anonymous it makes me wonder what it is they are hiding. Because of that anonymity our posts lack credibility. Jmo

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I testified against Bill Dause, not against his DZ. He operated his aircraft in a manner that no other Jump Pilot on the USPA BOD would agree is safe (as in a high power climb during a low altitude exit with a low tail). He has enough problems with the FAA and the fines assessed against him by the FAA are huge.

Nor have you mentioned the 9 DZs I have defended as well as their instructors. You know so little yet you claim to know so much.

Yes, your veracity is very suspect. You have claimed I have stolen something but made no factual representation of what you imagine I have stolen. As far as I am concerned, you are no longer worth the effort to reply to unless you come clean and state who you are, how you know me personally and what your credentials are. You are obviously in the "Hate and Stop Mike Turoff camp."

Good luck with your life.
Mike Turoff

How about putting your real name And credentials with your posts! (MT)

I'm not running for the board or pretending to be something I'm not. (PH)

No, you certainly aren't, ParaHog. Your discourse here brings to mind the old saying:

Never fight with a pig. You both get so dirty no one can tell the difference -- and the pig likes it.

B|
SCR-6933 / SCS-3463 / D-5533 / BASE 44 / CCS-37 / 82d Airborne (Ret.)

"The beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names."

You’re making some pretty strong statements against someone without being willing to have your name associated with them. When people insist on being anonymous it makes me wonder what it is they are hiding. Because of that anonymity our posts lack credibility. Jmo

Sparky

Suit yourself. Ignore my comments. Vote for Mikey.

I testified against Bill Dause, not against his DZ. He operated his aircraft in a manner that no other Jump Pilot on the USPA BOD would agree is safe (as in a high power climb during a low altitude exit with a low tail).

Of course, the wing suit jumper who exited without bothering to first fall free of the tail had nothing to do with that incident, right? So you'll sue drop zone owner's out of existence because of the action of a single stupid and careless jumper. Wonderful! How many readers here want to line up and vote for this philosophy on the board of directors?

Yes, your veracity is very suspect. You have claimed I have stolen something but made no factual representation of what you imagine I have stolen.

No, I made no such claim. You are confusing me with someone else. So now you're also guilty of the same thing of which you accuse me - making false accusations. Isn't irony great? And since your premise is incorrect, everything else which followed is inapplicable.

He wasn't a wingsuit jumper. He's partially paralyzed for life now. I hope you never have the same fate.

Me too.

Just because he's paralyzed, doesn't mean that someone else is automatically at fault.

A skydiver's poor choice to do a high arched exit on a climbing jump run out of a low-tail airplane, doesn't mean that the drop zone owner was negligent and that he deserves to be sued out of existence.

Readers: For those of you who think that drop zones which have stupid skydivers who get injured doing negligent maneuvers deserve to be shut down, vote for Mike! For those of you who think that for every injured skydiver, there is someone else to blame for it, vote for Mike!

He wasn't a wingsuit jumper. He's partially paralyzed for life now. I hope you never have the same fate.

It seems an automatic but incorrect assumption this year that off-landings and tail strikes must be due to wingsuits. I hope that whoever gets on the BOD will not be led to make this mistake.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.