dpfire29

my first skydive coming up

I'm a new guy, I weigh 222, I have a bad back and a bum knee...I have 8 landings, 7 sliding in on my butt, and one PLF just like they show in the books - no damage...don't worry about the weight, just concentrate on relaxing and getting a good PELVIC arch...DO NOT ARCH WITH YOUR CHEST LIKE SUPERMAN. Arch with your hips, like you are trying to put your zipper on the ground.

relax, have fun, and listen to your instructors. yer gonna do great!B|B|

Airtwardo:"There is a bit of difference between a rigger with a nipper and a guy with 138 jumps and a swiss army knife...usually!"

i will be jumping for the first time a week from today, i am really close to 220lbs, is their any buffer built in to the weight limit or should i be really concerned?

At 220 body weight you should have no problems. Most skydiving centers have equipment that will accommodate that weight.

And yes, there is a safety margin built in to the equipment weight limits. You should not be concerned....the DZ will handle that.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239