BravestDog

Business end of flying jumpers. How much profit is there in flying jumpers?

Dude,

I am sorry if you feel offended but in all seriousness this site has had reporters, lawyers and the like creating accounts then asking for information. Sometimes this is following an injury or fatality or for some sensationalist journalism.

Obviously your private affairs are your private affairs but if you let posters on here know why you're asking then you're more likely to get a favourable response. Folks on here can be suspicious at times but things have happened in the past.

So, give a little up and you may receive a lot in return :)

Has anybody else noticed the Practice of internet Kooks where as they get Kooky, their Capitalization Ratio increases and their Sentences Get Really Long, with Run-On Clauses and Weird Polite Threats to Involve the Authorities?

(This is great, keep it up.)
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

So I assume that Don Kirlins worked most of his life in the Drop Zone business, and does not have much profit for all the work he's done? He may have covered his expenses, but there was nothing put in the bank for retirement?

Don is a great guy, unfortunately some scum sucking attorneys stole from him, but that is typical for that profession don't you think.

But seriously, you can make a FORTUNE flying jumpers. The cost of av gas/jet fuel is super cheap and the planes rarely break. Don't believe all the hype from a airlines that the price keeps climbing...that's just what they want the general pubic to believe to justify the fare hikes.

Answers to other skydiving questions you might have:

The reason we don't jump through or fly threw clouds is because of the lack of oxygen. It starves the engines and they will seize up not to mention we have to absorb oxygen through our skin since we can't breath in freefall.

When we deploy the parachute we actually go back up about 500 ft.

Mullins just shuts off the airplane and lets it drop until about 1000 ft and restarts the engines....the observer riders really freak out when he does that, but is saves on fuel.

Anything else, I can help you out with, feel free to PM me.

j
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

I thought they did it for hookers and blow?
Or was it burgers and beer?

Either way I'm sure it's a complex bit of math with respect to how much gas costs and how the season goes i guess?

Can't be that much really. Kind of like being a bean farmer. Some years are good others years...man not so good!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!