MrX323

Skydiving boring with time?

Ok, thank you for all that comments and posts.
I am not a troll! ;) I just never tried a jump, so i'm a total newbie.

Thank you a lot ... i booked my first jump on this weekend! :)

things i will never get bored of.
1) B(.)(.)BIES!
Have you ever gotten bored of titties! Yeah I thought not!

2) Fast cars!
Ever gotten bored looking at a fast car? Though not!

3) Free beer!
Wait there can bee too much free beer...crap! There goes my logic!

Sadly unlike hookers and blow skydiving can never get boring! Because you will always find a new way to try and increase your testicular mass by doing more radical stuff in the air!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Yea, anyone in the UK basically gets spit out of their AFF consols and then thinks... "now what?"

FS coaching is available if you have enough force of personality to secure a coach for a jump or two, and it's usually quite expensive. Anything other than solo clock-watching or FS is so many jumps and £'s into the future that it's barely worth thinking about.

Sure but this takes an awful lot of effort. Myself unable to get decent coaching at my former home DZ (5 jumps with 5 different coaches spread weeks apart).

A lot of people say go somewhere else. But its a 3 hour drive to the next DZ, a 4 hour drive to the next one. I've driven those 3 and 4 hours. Only to find there are no coaches there or the weather has turned unexpectedly.

Do that enough times and you think bugger this, a flight to Germany/Holland/Spain is only 2 hours and costs less in gas.

I would like to see some figures on retention after AFF - I imagine it must be very, very poor indeed. I see loads of AFF students every time I go, but there are only a handful of club jumpers. I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of AFF graduates pretty much disappear before their B licence.

99% of skydivers do not get to their 100th Jump - Major John Horne (my AAFI).

The BPA issued 750 A certs in 2010. There were about 750 people who did not renew their BPA. I was one of them but instead of quitting I decided to go out every 3 months overseas.

Ok, thank you for all that comments and posts.
I am not a troll! ;) I just never tried a jump, so i'm a total newbie.

Thank you a lot ... i booked my first jump on this weekend! :)

things i will never get bored of.
1) B(.)(.)BIES!
Have you ever gotten bored of titties! Yeah I thought not!

2) Fast cars!
Ever gotten bored looking at a fast car? Though not!

3) Free beer!
Wait there can bee too much free beer...crap! There goes my logic!

I totally agree with you. That's beer.

Yes, it can get boring. Anything can become boring if done enough. Some people never get bored, some get bored quickly, some never get bored.

Me? After 5k plus jumps I'd rather go fly my plane or go scuba diving than head to the DZ these days... So I go fly, or dive.

You however may never get bored, I doubt you would get bored in a few jumps. If you do get bored-just quit and do something else.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

You must be kidding. I didnt find skydiving boring, because I made an effort to make it not boring, but always an exciting adventure.

Yeah what he said! How can it be boring?
I mean there is so much to learn in this sport!

it reminds me of Yoga. I've been practicing Yoga for a good 8 years of my life. And every class I learn a little more and do a little more......

How can it ever get dull?

Wait...there are cute ldies in my yoga class...! AH HA!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Considering people on here have 100's or 1000's of jumps we might be finding ways to make it fun. :P If it's not fun for you, just dont do it.[/

what she said !!]

I tend to be a bit different. enjoyed my time in the sport or is it an industry these days ??