JP733

Favorite CA DZs?!?!

nobody with any comments on Lodi? Pluses? Minuses?

Lodi is very cheap. It has a pretty unique culture.

If you are looking to do a bunch of jumps as quickly as possible, and have your own training program or schedule to follow, it's great. It's not as good for just picking up random jumping partners or hanging out.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Yes but !!!!!???? I have jumped at Davis Yolo County in March 2011. I like that DZ and its airplane, the PAC 750 XL but all the time I had the impression to be shot at due to the riffle range just beside the airport. They also were shooting with shotguns, what a noise! Also, due to municipal bylaws (I was told), I had to register to USPA (3 months) for about 20$. BTW USPA insurance coverage is 50 000 $ while my association (CSPA, Canada) has a coverage of three millions dollars good for all over the world). This was the second time a US DZ asked me to join the USPA before being able to jump. First time was at Titusville Fl. Nevertheless I have good memories from Davis.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.

At Lodi, Parachute Center DZ, located at 35 minutes driving South from Sacramento CA (on highway 99), you will pay 15$ a jump at 12500 Ft. This is seemingly the cheapest place on Earth for jumping. Better yet, if you buy 50 tickets, you will only pay 13 $ each (not transferable). If you are a low altitude jumper, the ticket is 5$ for 5000 ft. This is certainly the favorite place for your budget.:$

Davis has tickets for $18 right now. The extra 3 bucks is more than worth it for peace of mind. Just sayin. :)

Except every time I've gone to Davis on a weekday your lucky to get on three loads with 2 hours in between.

Lodi... Show up at 10am, easy to get in 5 or more with little waiting most days for 65 dollars. $7 less then 4 will cost you at Davis.

it's 5 dollars to 3000 officially, occasionally you'll get 4000. I have never had a hard time finding someone to jump with there. But yeah, the culture is a little different then most if not all places.

At Lodi, Parachute Center DZ, located at 35 minutes driving South from Sacramento CA (on highway 99), you will pay 15$ a jump at 12500 Ft. This is seemingly the cheapest place on Earth for jumping. Better yet, if you buy 50 tickets, you will only pay 13 $ each (not transferable). If you are a low altitude jumper, the ticket is 5$ for 5000 ft. This is certainly the favorite place for your budget.:$

Davis has tickets for $18 right now. The extra 3 bucks is more than worth it for peace of mind. Just sayin. :)

Except every time I've gone to Davis on a weekday your lucky to get on three loads with 2 hours in between.

Lodi... Show up at 10am, easy to get in 5 or more with little waiting most days for 65 dollars. $7 less then 4 will cost you at Davis.

it's 5 dollars to 3000 officially, occasionally you'll get 4000. I have never had a hard time finding someone to jump with there. But yeah, the culture is a little different then most if not all places.
\

For some reason Davis have a hard time turning loads on the weekends even for $18. Looks like a lot of fun jumpers just left for some reason. Davis is still my favorite home DZ and I don't mind paying even $24, but its only because I do no more than 2 jumps a weekend and I do like Davis vibes. But I do understand folks that want to jump 10 times a day - jumping @ Byron or Lodi does make more sense. I'm aware of the "plane issue" of the Lodi, but when I cut away on the rental Bill didn't charge me a penny and told me to get another rig and jump again! Unfortunately Byron did not have a student gear that is ok to jump for someone who is 250lbs, but Davis did and I do appreciate it, that's why I still jump there.

+1, but it's September special only.

Yea, I wasn't sure how long they are doing it for, but if you can buy a bunch up to use in the future, then you're good to go!

And I happened to bring up Davis because the OP and some replies sounded like they were justifying a dropzone choice because of the price, or wanted to choose one dropzone over the other because of price. I like Davis, but if price it not your top reason for dz choice, then there are more awesome places in the area like Byron :)

Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)