flyboy8501

Looking for a potential home...

Spaceland was on my mind but I've always been told that the houston area is expensive.

No, Houston has a very reasonable cost of living.

http://www.rentals.com/Texas/Houston/

http://www.apartments.com/Texas/Houston/neighborhoods
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

What about closer to Spaceland, I need to secure a job as well that possibly has off weekends, any suggestions on the area?

Depends on what you can do. The Pearland area 20 minutes from the DZ and is growing very quickly so there are lots of opportunities there. Angleton is 20 minutes in the other direction, but it's an older community that hasn't seen much growth for a long time.

There are opportunities all over town, but Houston is very spread out. If you are looking to stay close to the DZ I would look at the communities on the south side.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

I've done anything from construction, to operating security cameras in a retail environment to pulling security on the streets of Afghanistan. I hope there is something for me lol. Spaceland is a 5 or 7 day operation?

Houston has one the very best employment environments in the country.

Spaceland is 7 days.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

I've done anything from construction, to operating security cameras in a retail environment to pulling security on the streets of Afghanistan. I hope there is something for me lol. Spaceland is a 5 or 7 day operation?

Hi Flyboy

I'm a vet from back in the day welcome back.

If you are eligiable for the G.I. bill. Consider going to a CC to get caught up then go to college and jump on weekends.

A DZ job isn't as B| as it looks.[:/] A lot of the worker bee's at the DZ don't have health insurance unless their wife gets insurance thru her job. Do you want to take a chance relying on the VA?

There's also lots of politica's at a DZ. You might find yourself at the bottom of the food chain. I doubt they would care about your service record.

Of course give the DZ a try if you want to but don't wait to long to use your G.I. Bill you earned it.;) With the right degree it's the gift that keeps on giving.

Have a Happy:)
R.
One Jump Wonder