accur8shot

DZ near Brussels, Belgium?

There are Belgian and NL jumpers on here who can certainly give much better info on Belgian DZs than I can, but I will comment as another low-time USA jumper:

I jumped one day each at PCV Schaffen and PCV Zwartberg a few years ago when I was in Antwerp and Leuven for a month, I had about 100 jumps at the time. The people were friendly, they accepted my USPA membership as 3rd party liability insurance (so I could jump), and I rented rigs both times (Javelins with 7 cell mains I think). I think I had to have someone supervise me while packing rental gear because I didn't have some packing certificate or something, I can't remember now...

The landing areas were big.

That is about all I have got.

Seth
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

There are Belgian and NL jumpers on here who can and I rented rigs both times (Javelins with 7 cell mains I think). I think I had to have someone supervise me while packing rental gear because I didn't have some packing certificate or something, I can't remember now...

Mostly Aerodyne Icon and aerodyne solo or pilots. Only a few paratec rigs and canopies, no javelins or 7 cells.

Zwartberg is 15' further from Brussels than Schaffen, but still some prefer to drive those extra 15'.

Hey thanks for the replies.

I leave for Europe on Thursday. I have actually convinced my work colleague to do a tandem - but so far all the DZs I've contacted are either booked solid for tandems or closed for competitions. This includes Zwartberg, Moorsele, Maubeuge and EPNC. I'm going to call Schaffen tomorrow.

If there's anyone on here with 200km of Brussels that knows of a DZ where we can get a tandem in on Friday afternoon, Sept 7 or anytime Saturday, Sep 8, let me know.

Thanks.

you can try dz in Hoevenen, Antwerp and the wonderful visual (you jump not far from the port of antwerp), dz is a small operating a Soloy Cessna 206
and 35 min. from Brussels.
http://www.paraclubhoevenen.net/

do not forget the beer and mussels, hi, hi, hi

I'd suggest you go to either DZ Hoevenen or DZ Schaffen. When are you coming over? If I'm free I'd love to come with you and jump together! I live in Antwerp, about 10km from DZ Hoevenen. As Queros already said, it's probably the nicest DZ in Belgium to jump when it comes to nice visuals. You can see the whole city and port of Antwerp which is pretty cool.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane"