peregrinerose

In light of the Velo Guy thread...

As a recent newb myself, i'm guessing the 100 jump wonders are young as well. I say this because though i'm merely 27, I have no care what-so-ever to buy a "hot rod" canopy and start swooping. Don't get me wrong i love watching the real swoopers hauling ass skimming the pond. But it's just not for me. Now maybe it's the safety culture ive been working in for the past 10 years, but I want to be safe at work so I can go jump, and I want to live to jump again tomorrow(too cliche? yeah i know). So i'll think i'll stick to my .95:1 tarp and enjoy the nice long ride down.

What part of 50-100 jumps as a MINIMUM, compared to first canopy fresh off student status was tough to read? There's no way I would put a new jumper on a Nitro/Nitron as a first canopy. I have hundreds of jumps on varying sizes/wingloadings of the canopy, it's a great canopy, very versitile, but not for the student jumper.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

i sold my velo to someone without ANY experience.

Why bother even asking someone who can actually fly it. Chances are if you are to ask for experience, it will be very hard to sell something smaller than 84.

If you are 18+ and can sign a check, you are old enought to make a decision.

Jen...there's one major reason why....stayhigh's attitude.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239