dreamtoy

the special number 100

I'm having the same dilemma. I'm stuck at 99 trying to decide (not really, my reserve's just been in for a repack...)

Options I've considered:
-high pull (leaning towards this, if possible)
-track dive
-hog flop
-fun 6-way with a block
-Mr. Bill
-1st sitfly jump (not on the beer list, but hell, I'm buying beer anyway, I can use the F-word freely)

What I end up doing will depend on who is around when I get down to the DZ next...

(edit for coherence)

High pull is considered a landmark jump? Man, I do them whenever I get a chance. If you don't do it for your 100th, do it for you 101st. It's a great way to learn your canopy and a blast to be up so high alone, and when it's stupid hot on the ground, remember it's often bone numbing cold at altitude.
"When once you have tasted flight..."

Am I interpreting this correctly? It sounds like you're saying you're holding off jumping until you come up with something good to do for your 100th.....

I you think of something cool to do it's gonna be an awesome and memorable jump anyway - the number 100 is gonna have nothing to do with it!

My favourite jump so far has been doing a Mr Bill - this was supposed to be for my 200th jump but it was perfect weather, I wanted to jump all day and my mate I was gonna jump with wasn't around until later so I think I actually did it on 204. But what does it matter - it wouldn't have been a better jump just because it was done right on 200!

Sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick, but I've seen quite a few people holding off so they can do something different on a "milestone jump" and I personally don't really get it.....

Do an undie hundie! I didn't do my 100th in undies, 'cause it was simply too damn cold. Did mine in vintage style, with me in my moms old jumpsuit from the 80's, and my (now ex) boyfriend in my dad's old jumpsuit from the 80's. That was pretty awesome, but I went along on a friend's undie hundie later, and that really was a lot of fun too!
"So I jump out, look up, and think 'Oh SHIT!...

It's PINK!!!'"
- army guy after his first staticline jump

so i am really close to my 100th jump mile marker and i am trying to think of a way to make it special and memorable. i want to hear from you, what if any thing made you're 100th, 300th, 500th or other mile marker jump special or memorable?

100 isn't that special. It's only 64 in hexadecimal.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

That is why you ought to be able to spot if you are going to make a naked jump. ;););)
OK, if you have to chop on that jump, well... land and then wrap the canopy around your lower parts...

The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

The problem with jumping naked is if you land off and kids see you, you can be registered as a sex offender in america, depending on the state you live in.

Although I suppose it is technically possible for that to be an eventuality, unless your intent is to expose yourself to minors, that just isn't going to happen.

One reason for waiting until #100 is to make sure you have the mad skills to NOT to land where the ankle-biters are.

If you were to land in a questionable area, make every effort to cover up with the multi-colored toga that previously was over your head.

I've personally have heard of only one incident where someone got charged with anything. He was originally charged with indecent exposure and plead it down to something like disorderly conduct.
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

That is why you ought to be able to spot if you are going to make a naked jump. ;););)
OK, if you have to chop on that jump, well... land and then wrap the canopy around your lower parts...

I should hope that NEKKID OR NOT, by 100 jumps you should be able to spot. :)
BTW, I vote nekkid. :)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I'm having the same dilemma. I'm stuck at 99 trying to decide (not really, my reserve's just been in for a repack...)

Options I've considered:
-high pull (leaning towards this, if possible)
-track dive
-hog flop
-fun 6-way with a block
-Mr. Bill
-1st sitfly jump (not on the beer list, but hell, I'm buying beer anyway, I can use the F-word freely)

What I end up doing will depend on who is around when I get down to the DZ next...

(edit for coherence)

How about a naked Mr. Bill? It's a high pull, a Mr. Bill, kinda like a sitfly for a second, and if you're the Bill you can track after you let go. Win... win... win... win and win!