baronn

Smoking at the DZ

My DZ has a nominated, fenced-off smoking area... (right next to the toilet block as it happens) ...

It works pretty well. We get a lot of tandems and spectators so it is not foolprooof as visitors won't necesarily understand the rules, but generally it keeps cigarettes away from expensive canopies.

i suspect that anyone lighting up in the landing area would learn very quickly that it is not acceptable.

I'm NOT totally useless... I can be used as a bad example

For those of you that think if Your gear gets damaged that your going to be able to get the A hole to buy you new gear good luck with that.

I don't think that would be too hard with a little bit of effort.
Get video or pics NOW of him smoking in the landing area and tossing his lit butts on the ground.

Take him to small claims court for damages to any gear.
With evidence of his behavior, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

And if he knows there's 27 8 x 10 color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one ready to be used as evidence against him in a court of law, he may change his behavior.

Might work unless the judge walks into the court room with his seeing eye dog.;)