surfbum5411

Biggest fads in skydiving...

Skyhook and magnets

About 80 % of the jumpers buying Skyhook have no idea how it works. The only thing they know is that you can chop at 100ft. :S Good luck with that :)
oh....and GoPro's

"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

Skyhook and magnets

About 80 % of the jumpers buying Skyhook have no idea how it works. The only thing they know is that you can chop at 100ft. :S Good luck with that :)
oh....and GoPro's

on that note :

Pillow reserve handles. Majority of the people buying them do it for the cool factor.

1-inch (mini) chest straps. Does it really make you more aerodynamic?

My rigger has shown me several photos of bent hardware on (mini) 1” straps; I’ve never seen an example of bent (standard) 2”.

Oh, and if you’ve got 50 odd jumps, stop doing that fancy folding / quick release stuff with your chest strap – it doesn’t make you look like you belong on the PD Factory Team and in the process you may miss the point of it being secure in the first place.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Camouflage is a fad that needs to fuck off. In a sport where being seen is a necessity for safety, wearing a material specifically designed to make you blend into the background is a really stupid idea.

Yes, this reminded me of a trip to the US South last year and seeing someone dressed head-to-toe in comouflage while directing traffic on interstate road works area - Darwin Awards candidates?
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Camouflage is a fad that needs to fuck off. In a sport where being seen is a necessity for safety, wearing a material specifically designed to make you blend into the background is a really stupid idea.

In ten years time will camo be like tie-die is now?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

It's not specifically designed to make you blend into the sky, is it?
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

It's not specifically designed to make you blend into the sky, is it?

No, but it is designed to make you blend into the ground. Might not be something you want should you be laying there injured, hoping your friends will find you.

My rigger has shown me several photos of bent hardware on (mini) 1” straps; I’ve never seen an example of bent (standard) 2”.

Oh, and if you’ve got 50 odd jumps, stop doing that fancy folding / quick release stuff with your chest strap – it doesn’t make you look like you belong on the PD Factory Team and in the process you may miss the point of it being secure in the first place.

There is no way a chest strap (of any size) is taking enough of a load to bend hardware
BASE 1384

There is no way a chest strap (of any size) is taking enough of a load to bend hardware

They are only rated to 500 lb.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Skyhook and magnets

oh....and GoPro's

on that note :

Pillow reserve handles. Majority of the people buying them do it for the cool factor.

What's the other reason?