stephany

sportations

:|FOR ANYONE THINKING ABOUT GOING THROUGH SPORTATIONS FOR AN ADVENTURE, I JUST WANT TO LET EVERYONE KNOW WHAT I JUST WENT THROUGH THIS PAST SATURDAY 9/22/2012. ON GROUPONS THERE WAS A DEAL FOR A TANDEM SKYDIVE FOR $149.00. I CLICKED ONTO THAT DEAL AND HAD TO MAKE RESERVATIONS THROUGH SPORTATIONS, AND PAY WITH MY CREDIT CARD. IT WAS SET UP FOR SEPTEMBER 22, AT SKYDIVE GEORGETOWN. THAT MORNING MY HUSBAND AND I SET OUT FOR THE 2 1/2 HR DRIVE, AND DROVE A LONG WAY, BEFORE WE RECEIVED A CALL FROM SKYDIVE GEORGETOWN STATING THAT THEY SPORTATIONS HAD KNOWN FOR A WEEK TO CALL CUSTOMERS TO RESCHEDULE, BUT SHANE HAD NOT DONE SO, BECAUSE A CUSTOMER HAD JUST DROVE ALL THE WAY FROM COLUMBIA SC, TO BE TURNED AWAY!!
I CALLED SHANE, AT SPORTATIONS, AND HE JUST SAID "SORRY" ILL TRANSFER YOU TO STEPHEN TO RESCHEDULE! I TOLD THEM I DO NOT WANT TO RESCHEDULE WITH THEM, BECAUSE I HAD ALREADY LOST A DAY OF WORK,AND DROVE A LONG WAY. THEY REFUSE TO REFUND MY MONEY. THEY ARE INCOMPETENT, AND HAVE A VERY BAD RATING WITH THE BBB, WITH ONE COMPLAINT AFTER ANOTHER. I WOULD LIKE TO LET OTHERS KNOW ABOUT THIS COMPANY BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE. SKYDIVING IS SOMETHING THAT I HAD ALWAYS WANTED TO DO, SO THIS WAS GOING TO BE A PRESENT TO MYSELF FOR MY 50TH BIRTHDAY.

Thank you..I did earlier today.

I just want to say sorry and I also want you to know this is not how the skydiving world works. This booking agency along with skyride are a cancer that we as a community have fought against. I hope you do not lump sportations and skydiving together. I also hope you get to jump very soon. I know you will love it!
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

The first thing I recommend that you do is to use the info in this BBB report; http://www.bbb.org/atlanta/business-reviews/ticket-sales-events/headband-in-hiram-ga-13003271 and contact your state's Attorney General AND Contact the Georgia State Attorney General. His name is Sam Olens, (according to their website) and his number is (404) 656-3300. Former Attorney General Sidney Barrett was the one who was really prosecuting the case, but I believe that Sam Olens is the AG now. Secondly, I recommend that you dispute the charges with your credit card company, and use the BBB report as part of your grounds for the dispute, and I also recommend that you contact your local network news media, ie; ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS. The local stations usually have investigative reporters just for this kind of stuff, and will get the story out so hopefully someone else will be spared what you are stuck with.

Hope that helps.
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Unfortunately, it is all too common with Sportations/Skyride.

Just out of curiosity, where is the "Skydive Georgetown" that you were driving to for your jump. (Physical address please)

As others have said, please don't let this bad experience turn you away from skydiving. There are lots of great dropzones out there where you will have an amazing time!

Blue Skies,
Jason

Thank you!

The Sportations people are the same people that operate under 1800SkyRide.

The short story is that 'you are fucked'.

The long story is that you can file complaints with
- state DA
- state BBB
- GA DA - because of their previous case

FMI see links on funjumper.com

The quickest way I have seen these issues resolved is to use the local tv station consumer reports advocate.

These people have cost me $8000.00.
I didn't even buy any of their tickets.
But I defended the perspective of the consumer, namely you and others, in a court case and it cost $8000 for my attorney.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

Wow...How many names do these crooks have?! Sportations, Skyride, Headband LLC, and Fun jumper??!!
I'm sorry that you lost all that money to these scamers.
I work too hard for my money to have some crook take it. I won't give up.

Take care and thanks.

Funjumper.com is a website like a few others that are designed to direct customers like yourself to REAL dropzones and to help prevent people like you from getting scammed like you did.
Jan has done very well with that website and she is an incredible asset to the skydiving community!

Add the latest in the alias names for Sportations/sLyride, "Bilateral"
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Headband LLC has many names, like Sportations1-800-skyride, Baltimore skydiving .com, soaring sports, Taparu LLC, Taparu LLX dbe, Thrill Planet, D.C. Skydiving, IGL events, Thrillzown.com. I think one of the newest is Nationwide adventure Sports reservation Center. On the BBB websight there are two addresses , and one mailing address, along with names of someone that I believe to be still in charge. They have had 276 complaints against them with the BBB, and an F rating.
I have Contacted my card holder, the BBB, my Attny General, the Georgia Gov. office of consumer protection, and WSBTV consumer complaint dept. Oh and also contacted Groupons.com.
I know someone that went to Chester to do her first tandem, and had a great time, so I will go there!

Thank you :)