fluidynamic

Jumping out of ur own aircraft

Search the term "Bandit Jump"

Proper notification of ATC, permission of the landowner. Usually public land isn't ok becuase it is owned by the city, not the public. And getting permission from the city is nearly impossible.
There's a few other issues, but it's not that hard to do.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

The plane lands back at the airport with one of my trusty pilot friends at the yoke... then if I survive I buy him a beer later that evening ;-)

Thanks for the info!

Just curious, what kind of plane?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Anyone know the rules as far as jumping out of ur own aircraft? Like say I want to jump out of my own plane and land on a public beach or in an empty soccer field... what are the laws/restrictions involved?

Cheers

I've got experience with them, PM me if you have questions
Jump more, Bitch less.

Anyone know the rules as far as jumping out of ur own aircraft? Like say I want to jump out of my own plane and land on a public beach or in an empty soccer field... what are the laws/restrictions involved?

Cheers

I take it you are a licensed pilot? If so I would suggest you do your own research of the FAA rules on the subject. A good place to start might be FAR Part 105, AC No: 105-2D, and SIM Sec 7.
Also contact the FSDO office in the area you propose to in.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I have spent the last several months jumping into a local park out of my friends balloon. The balloonists here got permission from the city to use an old park as a launch and landing area, and I managed to add landing canopies into their balloon waiver without the city attorney noticing, or caring if he did notice. I call 877-487-6867 to issue a PJE NOTAM with Lockheed Martin prior to jumping and provide them with a radial and distance from the nearest VOR station, altitudes MSL, and ZULU times of the jump and provide them with my cell number as a contact. If we get blown out of the area too quickly to jump the trip becomes a balloon ride instead of a jump.