sammymalta

Need a Heli to hire for skydiving

Big enough!!

Good, you'll need it to be. They don't come cheap, and you'll need a decent one if you want to do tandems. A R 22 just won't cut it!!!.

I'm assuming you want to use it for your project next summer....
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

what size ?
from R-22 (which wouldnt be adapted for skydiving) to Mi-26...
can you find something like MI-8 ?
just remember that heli operations are more expensive than plane operations, and that the ferry costs can be just very expensive ?
any helicopters available in Malta ?

it seems you have an Otter on floats in Malta http://www.mydestination.com/malta/things-to-do/11190/harbourair-seaplanes, check with these guys if they would be interested. No ferry cost and great experience with the seaplane :)

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

what size ?
it seems you have an Otter on floats in Malta http://www.mydestination.com/malta/things-to-do/11190/harbourair-seaplanes, check with these guys if they would be interested. No ferry cost and great experience with the seaplane :)

Seaplanes do not have the neccessary licenses for skydiving.

An MI8 takes approx 24 pax (according to wiki anyway) - There is no availability here in Malta!!

What size are you looking for? For pilot +4/5 jumpers, a Single Squirrel (Eurocopter AS350) would be a good choice whereas a Mil MI8 can carry 26. They used MI8's at the Prostejov boogies and they got to 13K about as fast as the Beech.

For cost/value, you can probably find a Bell JetRanger (Bell 206B3) or Single Squirrel nearby. A little more spend will get you an EC130 which would be quite cool for jumping and get 2 more jumpers aboard. For "wow factor" something like a MI8 is going to cost you - a lot.

Dry leases for a JetRanger/Squirrel will be around USD 525/590 per hour repectively. You'll get some good feedback re availability & pricing on the "Rotorheads" section of the PPrune web forum.

When you go price shopping, note that all Aerospatiale/Eurocopter models ending with a “5” means it is twin engine (i.e. AS350 vs AS355 or EC130 vs EC135) and twin-engine helicopters are “eye wateringly” expensive. Some pics of the models below.

Also, keep in mind that you can find the helicopters & pilots, but then the pilots will need to be cleared for parachute operations (don't know how Malta works), but for BPA in the UK, this would entail four live training loads by the pilots, which will be an added cost.

Keep us updated on your Malta heli jumping plans; it may be worth a visit.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

We've had 40 jumpers in a Mi 8 before. They are heavy lifters and can go to 13 grand no probs, although chopper pilots tend to get a bit scared going so high......

Also had a 206 on floats which was jumped, as well as a Catalina....although that was a oncer.

Squirrel or Jetranger would be the best bet, location wise, unless you can find a Huey flying around somewhere.....

Whose CAA rules do Malta operate under, if not their own?. UK?.

For those kinds of prices you might as well lease or buy a 206...Here on Gran Canaria two 206's do the job, although they are not very busy.

It is very important to have an experienced jump pilot flying whatever machine you get, fixed wing or rotary. A lot of pilots will wreck your machine if they don't know what they are doing.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....