Viking

Getting back into the sport after a 3 year break.

Howdy yall. :)Aircrew Survival Equipmentman (PR). I Dont ship to Great Lakes for 7 Months so I have a lot of time on my hands to get ready.

Since my rating will have me around parachutes I figured its probly a good idea to get recurrent and back up to speed. I have a B license does anyone know where i can find the req's for getting current again after 3 years?

Thanks!
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

http://www.uspa.org/SIM/Read/Section5/tabid/168/Default.aspx#970

A License
USPA A-license holders who have not made a freefall skydive within 60 days should make at least one jump under the supervision of a currently rated USPA instructional rating holder until demonstrating altitude awareness, freefall control on all axes, tracking, and canopy skills sufficient for safely jumping in groups
B License
USPA B-license holders who have not made a freefall skydive within the preceding 90 days should make at least one jump under the supervision of a USPA instructional rating holder until demonstrating the ability to safely exercise the privileges of that license.
C and D License
USPA C- and D-license holders who have not made a freefall skydive within the preceding six months should make at least one jump under the supervision of a USPA instructional rating holder until demonstrating the ability to safely exercise the privileges of that license.

I have a B license does anyone know where i can find the req's for getting current again after 3 years?

Yep, the nearest DZ. Show up with a current USPA card and make a jump.

Full answer, the USPA just requires a recurrency jump, and what that entails is up to the DZ. Expect some sort of refresher training, maybe a quiz, and then to jump with an instructor. You might want to call ahead, just so they know you're coming and can staff accordingly.

Unbelievable.

I know right! Who would have thought they would have taken an old fart like me in the Navy!

I just did my recurrency dive except instead of 3 years I was 7 years off :P

it was easy, just go up with an AFF instructor after watching a refresher video and talking with her about the dive flow. Basically the only way she was gonna not pass off my recurrency was if I busted the pull altitude (4.5k :P)

it was great being back up in the air. I'm sure you'll find it hasnt changed any and is still as fun as the other 182 skydives you made :)

Unbelievable.

I know right! Who would have thought they would have taken an old fart like me in the Navy!

Three years, Arthur? Really? Where is the nearest toilet so I can stick your head in it?

lol missed you too Monkey!

Welcome back viking!

I'm a noob, so I hafta ask (if you don't mind sharing...) WHY would you ever leave this sport for three years!?

Its a long story with many twists and turns but the short...ish version is I was taking care of my grandma the whole time I was skydiving and around 3 years ago she got way worse and I just drifted away from the sport and into more important things.

She passed away at 99 1/2 May 2010. I have been trying to get into the Navy ever since and was about to sell my gear to help pay off my car before I go in when I got my very parachute related Navy Job. So here I is. :)

Unbelievable.

Three years, Arthur? Really? Where is the nearest toilet so I can stick your head in it?

Dude. No one wants you back. Well, maybe that little girl in the ice cream shop in the AZ desert. But no one else.

Howdy yall. :)Aircrew Survival Equipmentman (PR). I Dont ship to Great Lakes for 7 Months so I have a lot of time on my hands to get ready.

Since my rating will have me around parachutes I figured its probly a good idea to get recurrent and back up to speed. I have a B license does anyone know where i can find the req's for getting current again after 3 years?

Thanks!

Would not try and get current on this (Pilot 188 ft 1.28 lbs/ft). Freefall skills comeback really quickly but canopy skills is almost like starting all over again.

Thanks!

Would not try and get current on this (Pilot 188 ft 1.28 lbs/ft). Freefall skills comeback really quickly but canopy skills is almost like starting all over again.

Ya I had planned to start with a 230 and work my way back to my pilot. That thing needs a reline anyway bc I got it as a rental with 300+ jumps on it.

LOL Don't have a heart attack Diva!:$

Unbelievable.

Dude. No one wants you back. Well, maybe that little girl in the ice cream shop in the AZ desert. But no one else.

Hey I cant help it if she loved the red hair!!!

Unbelievable.

Old fart:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: there's a few of us here who remember when you were a virgin :ph34r: Welcome back mate:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?