Red Bull Stratos - Space Dive

He didnt do the trans sonic thingy.
Needed to go higher.
Take care,
space

How fast did he go?

I would think we are close to supersonic. The jet I fly is doing .78 at 45,000' at 280 KIAS. I would think a competent speed skydiver could do that...

Shame we may not find out for a while. A lot of good people put hard work into this.

Needed to go higher.
Take care,
space

How fast did he go?

I would think we are close to supersonic. The jet I fly is doing .78 at 45,000' at 280 KIAS. I would think a competent speed skydiver could do that...

Shame we may not find out for a while. A lot of good people put hard work into this.

Maximum speed would be Mach 0.5 to 0.6 for an exit from 80000 feet is what is experienced by a jumper in a flat and stable position.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

Needed to go higher.
Take care,
space

How fast did he go?

Maximum speed would be Mach 0.5 to 0.6 for an exit from 80000 feet is what is experienced by a jumper in a flat and stable position.

Me wanna go faster:)

I've always thought it would be interesting to see a list of the stunts that Red Bull thought were too dangerous to sponsor.

Here's the list:

Yes, it's an empty list.

I suppose that if someone died performing a stunt for them, then they might not use it...

With Cheryl, it was about the jump.

I could believe this

With Fournier, it was about the jump.

LOL - How many tries is he at now? And last time they "forgot" to hook the balloon to the basket?

With Baumgartner, its about promoting himself and redbull. Ugh.
-B

See Fournier.

I'll give Fournier and Baumgartner some credit, they seem to be improving on Garnerin's business model thus far.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Reply To

In Reply To

ALL that free advertising in every sport magazine on the planet and now Red Bull doesn't even have to do it!

PRICELESS!!!

+1

+2

+3

+4

+5

the Red Bull Stratos freefall record attempt has been canceled until further notice because of a court case filed in Los Angeles.

http://www.aopa.org/aircraft/articles/2010/101013stratos.html?WT.mc_id=101015epilot&WT.mc_sect=gan

Daniel Hogan claims the project was his idea, which he alleges Red Bull stole while assigning skydiver Felix Baumgartner to break the record.

BS...many people have dreamt of it, what a fuckin crybaby, You don't see Cheryl whinning...

the Red Bull Stratos freefall record attempt has been canceled until further notice because of a court case filed in Los Angeles.

http://www.aopa.org/aircraft/articles/2010/101013stratos.html?WT.mc_id=101015epilot&WT.mc_sect=gan

Daniel Hogan claims the project was his idea, which he alleges Red Bull stole while assigning skydiver Felix Baumgartner to break the record.

BS...many people have dreamt of it, what a fuckin crybaby, You don't see Cheryl whinning...

Personally I think if Hogan had any stones at all... he would just do it himself... instead of trying to get rich off of other peoples efforts like a whiney little pussy.

Redbull Stratos is back on line they just released new videos about the project. they can be found on YouTube and the Redbull Stratos site. there a few different versions of the same video out with small changes. no jump date given but my guess is it will be some time in august if it goes through. that would give them 6months to promote and recertifty alll the systems before the jump.
I am also curious how close Olav Zipser is to doing his space jump. Anyone know?

I am also curious how close Olav Zipser is to doing his space jump. Anyone know?

How close...120,000 feet I guess. :)

I thought it was Felix Baumgartner?

it is for redbull; olav is doing his own "freefly astronaut"-thingy..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda