Red Bull Stratos - Space Dive

In America, lawyers rule.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2010/10/red-bull-cancels-stratos/

Is this the same Hogan guy who was was hooked up with Cheryl Stearns. Cheryl was interested in making the world's highest skydive (>103000 feet) but she never got that project off the ground.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

ALL that free advertising in every sport magazine on the planet and now Red Bull doesn't even have to do it!

PRICELESS!!! :D:D:D

+1

B|
SCR-6933 / SCS-3463 / D-5533 / BASE 44 / CCS-37 / 82d Airborne (Ret.)

"The beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names."

ALL that free advertising in every sport magazine on the planet and now Red Bull doesn't even have to do it!

PRICELESS!!! :D:D:D

+1

B|

+2

+3

what next, is someone gonna sue skydiving companies claiming they invented that idea too?
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Why didn't I think of that (grimmie shakes head and sulks)????:PB|

I could have been a billionaire!:ph34r:

OK its time for us to put our own program together....

All this shit is gettin old.

I wanna do it as a SPEED SKYDIVE... I wanna feel that sonic boom on my freakin toes.:ph34r:

Why didn't I think of that (grimmie shakes head and sulks)????:PB|

I could have been a billionaire!:ph34r:

OK its time for us to put our own program together....

All this shit is gettin old.

I wanna do it as a SPEED SKYDIVE... I wanna feel that sonic boom on my freakin toes.:ph34r:

I wanna do it as a night demo...pyro re-entry! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Reply To

In Reply To

PRICELESS!!!

+1

+2

+3

+4

JerryBaumchen

Hi Jeanne,

I wanna do it as a SPEED SKYDIVE... I wanna feel that sonic boom on my freakin toes.

Have you EVER talked to someone about this over a beer on a Saturday night.

Looks like you're SOL then. :o

JerryBaumchen

I just get tired of people yacking about it.. given the gear and a freakin ride up... DUUUDE.. I would just rather do it rather than all this endless frakkin gumming about it.

I have already hit a max speed of 325 MPH in freefall from 13500' in a speed skydive when I pulled out of the dive at 5500' at Chester SC in 2008. Temp was 105 F on the ground... hell I was almost half way to my sonic boom:ph34r:

Give me some more altitude to accelerate....I love that shit:ph34r:

Hi Jeanne,

I wanna do it as a SPEED SKYDIVE... I wanna feel that sonic boom on my freakin toes.

JerryBaumchen

I just get tired of people yacking about it.. given the gear and a freakin ride up... DUUUDE.. I would just rather do it rather than all this endless frakkin gumming about it.

I have already hit a max speed of 325 MPH in freefall from 13500' in a speed skydive when I pulled out of the dive at 5500' at Chester SC in 2008. Temp was 105 F on the ground... hell I was almost half way to my sonic boom:ph34r:

Few dozen burritos and yer into after-burner! ;)B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Hi Jeanne,

JerryBaumchen

Few dozen burritos and yer into after-burner! ;)B|

See that is why Texas never did much for me... there are LOTS of foods I prefer than Tex-Mex... I have not had a burrito in 40 years and I don't see ANY need to start now:ph34r:

So how does this Hogan guy own the rights to jump from space when kittenger/US air force has the prior art so to speak?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

DAMN, lady!
325? Holy crap. Thats FAAAAAAAST!
There aren't any speed skydivers in these parts that I know of. I'm a WS freak specializing in ultralow speeds. If I tried to go that fast I'd never make it... you'd just hear a quiet *pop* and thered be nothing left but a cloud of feathers. People staring up, going "whoa".

This is a pity. I root for any new high alti effort, out of the three in recent years my favorite had been Cheryl Stearns.
In fact about the only reason my least favorite was this one is purely because I hate marketing and I am absolutely SICK of being beaten about the head with the words redbull redbull redbull redbull redbull and if they do it, I'd have to deal with being bombarded with mention of the name of the damn drink 800 times a day for as long as they're current news. It'd be inescapable for months, and making it worse would be knowing the redbull marketing guys are coming in their pants about that fact.

I'm the kind of guy that strips the logos off his clothes or buys em without in the first place... insistent marketing jamming their names and logos in our faces just annoys the hell out of me. I had to look for quite awhile to find a quality pair of shoes that did NOT have gigantic glossy plastic logos stuck all over em. I've taken brand new pairs of shoes and blacked out the logos with a sharpie before, just because the shoes were great but I couldn't stand being forced to be a walking billboard for a shoe brand the entire damn planet already knows about anyway as a condition of wearing the nice shoes.

With Cheryl, it was about the jump.
With Fournier, it was about the jump.
With Baumgartner, its about promoting himself and redbull. Ugh.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

With Cheryl, it was about the jump.
With Fournier, it was about the jump.
With Baumgartner, its about promoting himself and redbull. Ugh.
-B

I am not a pro-Baumgartner or a pro-redbullshit, but you are unfair. Despite the logos everywhere, we have seen more about the future jump with Stratos project than with any other project. Yes it's a lot about promotion, but they also show a LOT.
And you would also have to admit that without the stinky beverage, a LOT of unconventional sports/athletes would not be where they are now. Yes they sell their souls and image and ass to the bull, are transformed in walking billboards and whatelse, but they can practice their sport and show it to people.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM