Liemberg

did Baumgartner just jump higher than Kittinger?

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=4385188;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

Lots of discussion here.

And somebody got banned over it.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Poor Michael Fournier! ;)

poor MF ? He has proven yesterday that he is a disgruntled jealous and sour old man.
he was so ridiculous even the whuffo noticed

How did he do that? I havent seen anything about him recently in the media...
__

My mighty steed

According to the French version of his own biography, Michel Fournier claims to have a total of more than 8,700 jumps in 2011, including a French record of height in freefall at 12,000 m.[2] However, his parachuting experience was disputed by Patrick de Gayardon[3] and the magazine Paramag.[4] No official institution has ever confirmed one of his titles.

Yeah...he's French! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

According to the French version of his own biography, Michel Fournier claims to have a total of more than 8,700 jumps in 2011, including a French record of height in freefall at 12,000 m.[2] However, his parachuting experience was disputed by Patrick de Gayardon[3] and the magazine Paramag.[4] No official institution has ever confirmed one of his titles.

Yeah...he's French! :ph34r:

How did Patrick de G dispute anything MF (or anyone else for that matter) did in 2011? Just askin'. :S

I guess Fournier has been trying to go high for a very long time. One French blog I saw wasn't specific but mentioned "1992, 1997, 2000, 2002" etc, when being skeptical about Fournier, so maybe Fournier has had big plans for longer than most of us in North America know about.

Unfortunately the Paramag link from Twardo's post is not active, the one where Fournier's experience is questioned in the French magazine. I can't find the article online anywhere. The full mag may be online for subscribers only (rather than just a few selected articles, that are public). It would be the July 2008 issue of ParaMag. Fournier obviously did do a lot of organizing, whether or not there were questionable elements to his story.

poor MF ? He has proven yesterday that he is a disgruntled jealous and sour old man.
he was so ridiculous even the whuffo noticed

How did he do that? I havent seen anything about him recently in the media...

He was invited during the live show that broadcasted the performance of Felix. [:/]
ça passe ou ça frotte

I think Felix's jump was absolutely amazing, and I am very glad that he encountered no serious problems. My heart jumped a beat or two whe Isaw him spinning, but he managed to correct that nicely.

I was certainly there encouraging him on in spirit, and although I wish I could have been there in real time, I congratulate him for his great jump.

Perhaps someone should put him on the " Bold Skydiver " list. He has earned it.

I watched the counter as it ticked off the seconds,and he activated his chute at exactly 4 minutes and 17 seconds, but including his opening, one could say he got a total of 4 minutes and 20 seconds of freefall.

Considering the cost and the work he and his team put into that jump, I was quite amazed to find out his freefall time was only 1 minute and 48 seconds longer than my Canadian record.

On my jump from 36,916 ft, I got 2 minutes and 29 seconds, but if I included the opening time of 3 seconds, I got a total of 2 minutes and 32 seconds.

It truly was a great jump Felix, and to be remembered for a long long time.

Bill Cole aka Chuteless 2 & 3

Perhaps someone should put him on the " Bold Skydiver " list. He has earned it.

Well, in my book it is you who OWNS that list, so go right ahead! :)
*takes of hat and bows*

"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
A thousand words...