matthewcline

Is he right?

I was told by a reliable source that the FAA has two catch-all charges, Careless operation and Reckless operation. With these two charges they do not have to directly site an FAR, but rather just state that safe operating procedures were not followed.

As for dropping things from a plane, I spent over 20 years dropping test items out of planes. Many of them because of the FAA.

They stopped Bob Hover from flying; they can do just about anything they want.

Sparky

Edited to add:

91.13 Careless or reckless operation.

(a) Aircraft operations for the purpose of air navigation. No person may operate an aircraft in a careless or reckless manner so as to endanger the life or property of another.

(b) Aircraft operations other than for the purpose of air navigation. No person may operate an aircraft, other than for the purpose of air navigation, on any part of the surface of an airport used by aircraft for air commerce (including areas used by those aircraft for receiving or discharging persons or cargo), in a careless or reckless manner so as to endanger the life or property of another.

My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals