jamesspratt

Progression to B in a week over Xmas

Hi there,

Got my A license, 56 jumps but need to do my JM1 and CH2 to get that B license.

Can anyone suggest a dropzone anywhere in the world where I could get this training, hopefully over the space of a week sometime between 13th Dec and 4th Jan.

Am based in the UK but happy to travel wherever to do this.

Many thanks,

James

I'm not sure what JM1 and CH2 is, but I'm sure you could do that at Skydive Empuriabrava in Spain (closest and WARMEST to the UK that I can think of during that time frame) as I'm sure there are many people knowledgable about BPA there as well as qualified instructors.
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

mchamp is on the money. Empuria would work (and I might see you there).

Another good option is Skydive Spain (Seville), which will have a BPA Advanced Instructor (which is what you need to sign your JM1 and CH2 stickers, and indeed your B license form).

"skydog" on here is also a BPA AI, and last I heard he was at the Ocaña dropzone, near Madrid. Hopefully he will chime in though.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Are you not able to jump between now and Christmas? I'm just thinking you could easily get your ch2 and jm1 before then in the UK....
I'd definitely recommend going abroad over your Christmas break as it does get really cold here, and going abroad tends to be fun anyway! How about skydive algarve? I don't actually know of they're open over Christmas but it's worth a look....

The next warmest & closest place for you that I could think of would be Skydive Dubai during that time frame. Shoot them an e-mail and see if they could provide that for ya. It's quite the international DZ with talent pulled from all over the world and I could only assume that they would have someone qualified there to assist you with your ratings.
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp